the poznan ..

sam-caddick said:
citykev28 said:
Caveman said:
Clubs don't get involved though. Ultras raise the funds themselves for all tifos and atmosphere related things. They refuse any donations from the clubs. Some of the tifos you see European clubs come up with cost up to and over €10,000. There was one that Shalke did last season that cost nearly €14,000 but it was all raised and all organised and all choreographed by the fans only. Not one single thing was done by the club, and this is true of all Ultras tifos and organised choreographed things. Clubs trust the fans and leave them to it; and that's the difference between us here in England and the rest of Europe. Clubs get their mythering hands all over everything any fans want to do in England. Showsec are out in force at times and you're not even allowed to stand up and sing, AT THE FOOTBALL, for fuck's sake.

Aah right, so the fact that this was tied to the top of the stadium roof itself had nothing to do with the club? Do they give the fans a key to the stadium and tell them to do what they want?

What exactly is wrong with the club and fans working together?
30sy742.png

Health and safety stops pretty much everything in this country mate, just getting a flag into a match is hard enough nowadays'.

Did you read my posts at all? I never said we should do what Dortmund did against Malaga. I asked whether the club helped them to do it and what is wrong with the club and fans working together.

The key to all of this isn't 'The Poznan' or 'a mass of same colour' etc, it's simple innovation.

I'd rather City fans be known for being innovative and coming up with new ideas all the time, rather that one single thing we pinched of someone else in the first place.

He're some completely whacky examples of thing that CAN work and be highly effective on TV or Live, providing everybody does it....

1) Similar to the Poznan, but all fans jump up and down in unison... this happens in Germany and look very effective (again, like the Poznan)

2) A constant 'hum' or similar noise from the fans... rather than a chant, it's a constant tone that the fans put out

3) Total silence. This can be amazingly effective and dramatic, although many would argue it's an atmosphere killer.... but if (say) after a goal, there is a 30 second drop dead silence, followed by cheering... it would certainly be 'weird'. Not easy to keep quiet after scoring a goal though.

4) Everybody wears the same colours.... again, not so easy to do, but solid wall of sky blue looks better than the mixed colours.

5) An 'Agueroooooooooooo' chant (although not really a chant)... where the crowd start off in a very low voice.... rising in pitch to a screaming 'rooooooooo' - lasting about 30 seconds from start to finish. I think you get the idea... a protracted version of 'agueroooooo'.

6) Slow hand clapping... gradually increasing in speed to a rapturous applause and the familiar 'City! City! City!' chant.

7) Black flags / handkerchiefs similar to Real Madrid's white handkerchiefs, but for City it signifies 'impending defeat' of the other team. A bit like a judge donning a cap when they're about to pronounce a death sentence.

8) Moving side to side by 2 or 3 seats. Not a cheesy 'sway'.... but a proper full crowd movement (like the Poznan) where everybody moves across by a good few seats... the idea being that (if done properly) the entire stadium is rotating left then right.

9) Vertical Mexican Wave. Instead of the 'wave' going round the ground, it starts on row up and moves up through the rows rising all the way up to the level 3's top seats

I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are lots more...

It would be great if the footballing world wondered 'what are the City fans gonna come up with next?"

FanchesterCity said:
8) Moving side to side by 2 or 3 seats. Not a cheesy 'sway'.... but a proper full crowd movement (like the Poznan) where everybody moves across by a good few seats... the idea being that (if done properly) the entire stadium is rotating left then right.
I really do like this idea, but too many would knock over their coffee flasks, or drop their IPad.

I know we have to go abroad in pre season friendly's, to spread the word; but wouldn't it be nice to have one at City with Poznan an Aris.
Flares and smoke bombs allowed for just one weekend.

Bluemoon115 said:
FanchesterCity said:
I really do like this idea, but too many would knock over their coffee flasks, or drop their IPad.

They can go in the flask section... (outside the ground!)

I love the Poznan but the crowd round me don't like and wont do it, it's me on my own doing it, I miss the togetherness of the crowd and really think we need to do something to show we are all together as supporters.
I love the way Dortmund fans support there team.

Bluemoon115 said:
FanchesterCity said:
...and Showsec would have a field day with people standing in the aisles. Mass ejections follow.

cleavers said:
Bluemoon115 said:
FanchesterCity said:
...and Showsec would have a field day with people standing in the aisles. Mass ejections follow.

But it's required for the Poznan!
If it's done en masse, Showsec don't stand a chance, and it's would be very bad PR for the club.

Agree with you about the Poznan though... there's more than a few where I sit who don't do it, and a few more who need encouragement. It just doesn't work unless everybody does it, and it seems many have lost motivation.

cleavers said:
Bluemoon115 said:
FanchesterCity said:

Who the fook is running this club

BTW my niece is currently going out with a Showsec steward... says the majority are rags and are happy to stifle

FFS MCFC get a grip on these morons .. and more to the point.. open future contract questions with a company that has shown, time and time again, an inablity to 'police' flexibly and maturely..
To show arbitriness in that policing (e.g. costantly telling us to sit down , shut up or be barred , whilst singularly ignoring, 'out of seat behaviour' in away fans

Picking on more physically frail/ less phisycally tough fans when policing (have witenessed this, depressingly, more times than I care to mention).. the neice's boyfriend , tends to start getting all sheepish here and tyring to change the subject, when I raise witnessed incidents

FFS, MCFC .. showsec are actually blockers, rather than enablers in our bid for growing success and the sooner their arses are sacked of our club's contract the better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.