The price of fish.

Same place - dunno whether it's farm, free range (can yer have free range salmon?) or wild salmon from the raging seas of Alaska -if those buggers in Idaho, Massachusetts, and all places American have not gluttonised themselves on the pink caviar!
No they haven't, or us Canadians. There's not much left, comparatively. The huge factory ships from russia and japan and the east in general are over fishing salmon stocks. As well the Scandies(mostly) have tons of farmed atlantic salmon pens in our seas, apparently with some diseases and creating some kind of sea lice problem that is harming the natural wild stock.

Farmed salmon is lice ridden, antibiotic stuffed, pellet fed, overcrowded, diseased, crap tasting shite that is harming wild salmon and is wank for the environment to boot.
YES, thanks, that's better than what I wrote about our british columbia salmon before i read this.

Heading up to Alaska next summer, hoping to get another 100lb of salmon and halibut. By the time I buy my beer and plane ticket, maybe just a bit cheaper than store bought
Flying! cheap way to get out of buying me beers when your 20,000 ft overhead.

I'm rather fortunate I live in Peterhead (biggest white fish port in Europe) lot of friends are fisherman so often get a fish or two so haven't paid for a fish in years.shocking read prices OP.

No they haven't, or us Canadians. There's not much left, comparatively. The huge factory ships from russia and japan and the east in general are over fishing salmon stocks. As well the Scandies(mostly) have tons of farmed atlantic salmon pens in our seas, apparently with some diseases and creating some kind of sea lice problem that is harming the natural wild stock.
Wild Atlantic salmon will be extinct within years because of those cess pits. Hope you guys have more sense than our bloody government.

Saw a tv proggy a wee while back of farmed salmon in Scotland and it was quite clear summat was up with the poor fishes!

The government introduced American signal crayfish into our waterways in the 70s and they thrived decimating our own indigenous species. Waterways are full of them and they are a nuisance, albeit a tasty nuisance when cooked.

But it's best to catch them and put them in a tank of tapwater and leave them 2-3 days to detox all the nasties they may contain. Then boil them about 20 minutes and eat. Delicious in salads and curries

hahaha would you eat anything out of the ashton canal ?? even if you detox them for 6 months they still be minging

The government introduced American signal crayfish into our waterways in the 70s and they thrived decimating our own indigenous species. Waterways are full of them and they are a nuisance, albeit a tasty nuisance when cooked.

But it's best to catch them and put them in a tank of tapwater and leave them 2-3 days to detox all the nasties they may contain. Then boil them about 20 minutes and eat. Delicious in salads and curries

might setup a fishing boat on the ashton canal to catch all the fuckers with the price of fish, even ask manchester city to put them on the menu in the VIP rooms instead of prawns in keeping up with the locally fresh farm foods

You need a license to catch any type of crayfish in the UK and it is illegal to catch the native species.
How many know which is which?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.