The price of fish.

Nice. I have found a little smokehouse in Dumfries and Galloway called Marr where the guy still has a licence to fish for salmon in the traditional way and smoke his catch. Bloody lovely.
D&G is a lovely coastline. I was fortunate in working quite extensively up there a couple of years ago, lovely scenery, amongst the very best in the UK IMO.

I don't really like fresh salmon, especially the farmed stuff but I the best I've ever had was from one of the smokehouses in Arbroath. Hot wild peppered smoked salmon, wow!

I once saw a Rick stein programme some 15 years ago eating Arbroath smokies (small haddock) from one of the smoke houses there. Never heard of a smokie before then so when the opportunity arose I made sure we digged out in Arbroath. They don't look particularly appealing and have a strong smokey smell but the flavour is absolutely delicious. Wrapped in newspaper and when you peel the paper off the skin sticks to the paper to leave the fish to eat.

Same place - dunno whether it's farm, free range (can yer have free range salmon?) or wild salmon from the raging seas of Alaska -if those buggers in Idaho, Massachusetts, and all places American have not gluttonised themselves on the pink caviar!
Ask him next time. If it’s wild Alaskan it’s on the money. If it’s uk farmed see my previous rant :-). Seriously bad stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.