The price of fish.

As a kid, I was fishing at Platt Fields and saw a fella walk past with half a dozen 4” roach threaded through the gills on a string. Proud as punch he looked, probably sick as a dog later on.

people are funny when coming to buying farmed fish its truly a puzzle and they say penning animals is wrong ??
fish are not cuddly. Thy don't have fur or feathers. Its not easy to see what is going on under the sea. What I would say though is that if chickens were reared in similar conditions, nobody would go near them.

hahaha would you eat anything out of the ashton canal ?? even if you detox them for 6 months they still be minging
If Ashton canal was polluted all the fish and crays would be dead, and it has been polluted many times previously as has the nearby river Tame. It's relatively clean nowadays pal. And eating crays and pike etc is harmless. Doesn't seem to affect the Eastern Europeans that help themselves to whatever they can catch.

As an angler I know the EA(environment agency) face an uphill battle to stop this happening, and if it wasn't for anglers, many of our UK waterways would become a cesspit of pollution like they once were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.