The price of football and falling attendances

stimo said:
Gallager91 said:
waspish said:
Wonder what percentage of young match going season ticket city fans who when become adult paying fans stay season ticket fans?

I gave my season ticket up 2 seasons ago due to the price and being out of work and went to matches when I had enough money.. Not missed an away day this season bar Fulham and missed 2 home games including cup games.. The price does affect younger fans due to lack of work. Like at west ham I spend £180 over the day inc ticket and travel that was a whole weeks wage. We've stil got one of the cheapest ticket prices in the prem but the lack of work etc for young people in and around manchester makes going to the games a struggle.
ive carried on my season ticket (im 20), but ive cut down on aways this year. did em all last, just cannot afford it. i know it is difficult but somewhere down the line we as a set of supporters need to be strong and protest about it, £59 quid for chelsea? im hearing £64 for arsenal? its become the norm to accept a ticket around £40 which is outragous in my opinion. needs to be stopped, but wont be unless serious action is taken.

They wont alter the ticket prices for leauge games etc through infaltion etc, just think the club need to understand that alot of the clubs 'future' support are struggling to make games and costs and spending a huge amount of there earnings on home and away games in all comps and its only going to get more expensive as the seasons go by. After west ham only a hand full of players came over and clapped. after a 0-0 draw in london i wasn't happy with the lack of appreciation into the money and time spent for such a shit performance on a freezing cold night.

Gallager91 said:
stimo said:
Gallager91 said:
I gave my season ticket up 2 seasons ago due to the price and being out of work and went to matches when I had enough money.. Not missed an away day this season bar Fulham and missed 2 home games including cup games.. The price does affect younger fans due to lack of work. Like at west ham I spend £180 over the day inc ticket and travel that was a whole weeks wage. We've stil got one of the cheapest ticket prices in the prem but the lack of work etc for young people in and around manchester makes going to the games a struggle.
ive carried on my season ticket (im 20), but ive cut down on aways this year. did em all last, just cannot afford it. i know it is difficult but somewhere down the line we as a set of supporters need to be strong and protest about it, £59 quid for chelsea? im hearing £64 for arsenal? its become the norm to accept a ticket around £40 which is outragous in my opinion. needs to be stopped, but wont be unless serious action is taken.

They wont alter the ticket prices for leauge games etc through infaltion etc, just think the club need to understand that alot of the clubs 'future' support are struggling to make games and costs and spending a huge amount of there earnings on home and away games in all comps and its only going to get more expensive as the seasons go by. After west ham only a hand full of players came over and clapped. after a 0-0 draw in london i wasn't happy with the lack of appreciation into the money and time spent for such a shit performance on a freezing cold night.
i had a moment like that in amsterdam, pissed off with the performance and price of the ticket, only a few came and clapped. more ajax players clapped us than city players, at that moment i just thought fuck this shit. ive got rent, bills, food and travel to fork out for (recently moved to sheffield) breaks my heart to say it but soon i'll have to stop going all together, its been my life for a good 10 or so years.

stimo said:
Gallager91 said:
stimo said:

i had a moment like that in amsterdam, pissed off with the performance and price of the ticket, only a few came and clapped. more ajax players clapped us than city players, at that moment i just thought fuck this shit. ive got rent, bills, food and travel to fork out for (recently moved to sheffield) breaks my heart to say it but soon i'll have to stop going all together, its been my life for a good 10 or so years.

And there's sweet FA anyone can do about it.. Prices keep rising and wages etc keep falling

The blame for increasingly high ticket prices should mainly be laid at the door of the greed of the players and their agents. If we weren't paying players hundreds of thousands of pounds A WEEK the club could easily afford to keep ticket prices down. All the big bucks coming into the game are mainly going straight into the players pockets.

cavendishblue said:
The blame for increasingly high ticket prices should mainly be laid at the door of the greed of the players and their agents. If we weren't paying players hundreds of thousands of pounds A WEEK the club could easily afford to keep ticket prices down. All the big bucks coming into the game are mainly going straight into the players pockets.

Sorry, the club does not have to take that kind of players under contract. It choose to do so. It is like buying a hammer and than wondering why you let so much money at the gasstation...

cavendishblue said:

It's the players that draw the big bucks into the game so for me they're perfectly entitled to a good chunk of that money.

think my season card works out at £29 per game dont forget the club are only seeing £23 of that because £6 is vat, now that is great value, its the guys getting stung for one off games at £55/£65 quid thats the problem again the vat on a £65 ticket is £13 with the club getting £52, so off to the game on a 70 mile journey with fuel a pack of cigs a beer or two and your ticket the govenment are taking around 60% of the costs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.