The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Hottest day in Spain? Not the mainland but this is what we had to endure in Majorca three weeks ago. View attachment 23667
48?! Were there any health issues whilst you were there?

When you see 43 mentioned, those are of course shade temps - I’d dread to think what it is out in the open sun - I’m sure it’s getting above 50 at times.

What sort of altitude were you at there mate?

48?! Were there any health issues whilst you were there?

When you see 43 mentioned, those are of course shade temps - I’d dread to think what it is out in the open sun - I’m sure it’s getting above 50 at times.

What sort of altitude were you at there mate?
That day was hideous as we were mainly on rolling/flat roads on trip out to the velodrome at Sineu which is in the middle of the island, whenever we stopped for a cafe break we blagged a load of ice cubes and did the old sock on the neck trick. I did feel very dizzy with heat exhaustion at one stage.

Most days were in the 40’s so we were setting off by 6.30 latest and the usual climb fest was kept to a couple of days. To be honest it’s been a five time cancelled trip so we just wanted it done, will be back to our normal mid May next year all being well.

Tour of Britain next week. Thursday looks a local route to watch and the finish in Warrington.

Be good to see Cavendish.

From what I’ve read on here, glad I’ve avoided the footy again today.

Just seen Ganna edge out WvA on the roads of Flanders in the World Time Trail- only 5 seconds in it over a marathon course; great performances, averaging near 60km/hr.
Local crowds fantastic, but having to settle for 2nd & 3rd on the podium.
It’s only the starter really though; next Sunday’s road race will be the main course (with Paris-Roubaix to follow the Sunday after)
Oh yes :-)
Who needs the football anyway

From what I’ve read on here, glad I’ve avoided the footy again today.

Just seen Ganna edge out WvA on the roads of Flanders in the World Time Trail- only 5 seconds in it over a marathon course; great performances, averaging near 60km/hr.
Local crowds fantastic, but having to settle for 2nd & 3rd on the podium.
It’s only the starter really though; next Sunday’s road race will be the main course (with Paris-Roubaix to follow the Sunday after)
Oh yes :-)
Who needs the football anyway

After watch us yesterday and now watching spuds v Chelsea I am getting sick and tired of all this play acting. Meant to adults but roll around like little kids. Than get up as if nothing happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.