The Pro Road Cycling Thread

From what I’ve read on here, glad I’ve avoided the footy again today.

Just seen Ganna edge out WvA on the roads of Flanders in the World Time Trail- only 5 seconds in it over a marathon course; great performances, averaging near 60km/hr.
Local crowds fantastic, but having to settle for 2nd & 3rd on the podium.
It’s only the starter really though; next Sunday’s road race will be the main course (with Paris-Roubaix to follow the Sunday after)
Oh yes :-)
Who needs the football anyway
I agree the crowds were out in force for the time trial good ride by Ganna especially after the Europeans.
As you said next two Sundays some great racing, Paris - Roubaix is just a classic fist fight with a chance of French rail getting into the mix.

From what I’ve read on here, glad I’ve avoided the footy again today.

Just seen Ganna edge out WvA on the roads of Flanders in the World Time Trail- only 5 seconds in it over a marathon course; great performances, averaging near 60km/hr.
Local crowds fantastic, but having to settle for 2nd & 3rd on the podium.
It’s only the starter really though; next Sunday’s road race will be the main course (with Paris-Roubaix to follow the Sunday after)
Oh yes :-)
Who needs the football anyway
1632075095360.jpeg

I have had to knock the Cheshire lanes into touch as I feel it’s just not worth the risk anymore which is a pity because a nice flat blast is sometimes what you need.
Not sure where you mean, but if you mean NE Cheshire/S Manchester roads get v busy indeed.
The poor state of the surface, which can force you out into the middle of the road, is a major contributor too. Some of these lanes are only fit for mountain or cross bikes, sadly.

So, world road race today. It’s in Flanders, so that says it all really.

I see apart from the ski jumper everybody else is there. Would love to see Pidcock grab a podium finish. He’s more than capable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.