The Problem These Days....

tomhawley

Is that everyone is an expert... on absolutely everything to do with football,

People seem to think they know exactly what players should say in interviews, people know exactly how a manager should handle each individual player, people know the ins and outs of a footballers mind and understand the psychology that goes with the game. People know which players will succeed and flop before they have even kicked a ball in this league, or in our team, or in the country in some cases.

People write decisions off as bad management, before the consequence of the decision has even been realised.

I understand that people have opinions in football, like myself, but in my mind I can at least give people like Mancini, the benefit of the doubt and not write him off before the team has even kicked a ball competatively this season...

Far too much side taking on here for my liking, if there is any kind of conflict rumoured inside the club, it is always "well I am in the Bellamy camp" or "I am in the Ireland camp", well...

I am in the Manchester City camp, and for the record I rate both Craig Bellamy and Steven Ireland highly, but I also understand that sometimes people in football just can't work together, sometimes players don't fit in a Managers plans, and like anywhere in life, there are going to be clashes of personalities.

I don't post very often so go easy on me, just felt compelled to throw in my opinions, enjoy the season fella's.

Lets hope its a good one.

tomhawley said:

People seem to think they know exactly what players should say in interviews, people know exactly how a manager should handle each individual player, people know the ins and outs of a footballers mind and understand the psychology that goes with the game. People know which players will succeed and flop before they have even kicked a ball in this league, or in our team, or in the country in some cases.

People write decisions off as bad management, before the consequence of the decision has even been realised.

I understand that people have opinions in football, like myself, but in my mind I can at least give people like Mancini, the benefit of the doubt and not write him off before the team has even kicked a ball competatively this season...

Far too much side taking on here for my liking, if there is any kind of conflict rumoured inside the club, it is always "well I am in the Bellamy camp" or "I am in the Ireland camp", well...

I am in the Manchester City camp, and for the record I rate both Craig Bellamy and Steven Ireland highly, but I also understand that sometimes people in football just can't work together, sometimes players don't fit in a Managers plans, and like anywhere in life, there are going to be clashes of personalities.

I don't post very often so go easy on me, just felt compelled to throw in my opinions, enjoy the season fella's.

This is not a just a recent thing fans have always been experts, whats different is the interweb thingy that allows us to post our diatribe to the world rather than our mates in the pub, which is what happened previously.

tomhawley said:

Profound and true.

I'm in the Manchester City camp.

I want what's best for the club.

And in 30 odd years watching City, I've seen a number of good managerial decisions, but I've also seen hundreds and hundreds of bad ones.

I will never sit back and say "I trust the manager", whoever he is.

If we ever get one who builds a team who achieve their potential and more, then I'll give them more more leeway to make controvercial calls, of course.

But until then, I'll do like I've always done and have an opinion, positive or negative.

Didsbury Dave said:

And in 30 odd years watching City, I've seen a number of good managerial decisions, but I've also seen hundreds and hundreds of bad ones.

If we ever get one who builds a team who achieve their potential and more, then I'll give them more more leeway to make controvercial calls, of course.

But until then, I'll do like I've always done and have an opinion, positive or negative.

Most definitely...

As I said, everyone has an opinion, and they are fully entitled to it. There are members on here, such as yourself, who when reading things, we have such strong differences of opinion.

I dont understand why people need to reinforce their opinion so much that it becomes a competition, and people end up sniping and arguing.

I have an opinion like every one else does, some will not agree, some will, life is like this. But some people can't take other peoples opinion, and can't handle a difference to their own, and appear to be in competition.

Some people think they know best, and won't let anyone question this, that is what I was trying to get at with the OP.

Good post feller.

We should concentrate our fire on the dicks from without who think they know anything about City and spout off an 'expert' opinion in complete ignorance of facts which even the likes of us we on here are familiar with.

Experts like Tony Cascafuckinrino who thinks we're going to finish 7th according to his column in the times this week. Expert my arse!!

Didsbury Dave said:

I am sure RM will contact you to ask whether his decisions are OK with you. The thing is many people are waiting for him and us to fail and the moment we have a bad performance or lose the knives are out. So how the hell is someone suppose to build with that axe hanging over them.

I just hope and pray that our owner allows the manager the time because our fans would not give any manager any time.

chesterguy said:
. So how the hell is someone suppose to build with that axe hanging over them.

I just hope and pray that our owner allows the manager the time because our fans would not give any manager any time.

All premier league managers operate under pressure mate.

Mancini as much as,if not more than, anyone.

I don't think the opinion of fans on a message board would worry him unduly, and it shouldn't you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.