How many trophies will we win?

To win UCL you need a little bit of luck.

I feel this year is ours. In the last couple of years, referees made some mistakes against us (fault on Laporte vs Lyon, a handball from LLorente vs Spurs), but this year the mistakes have been in our favor.

Not only that, but 2-3 years ago, we would have many chances to score the winning goal, and we would fail again and again. Yesterday, we failed some big chances, but we still were able to score a last-minute goal.

Even more, the most difficult team (Bayern) has just lost their first leg.

I really think, for the first time, this is our year.

According to 538, the probability of City winning has gone up from 39% to 42% following Bayern's defeat at home. Bayern's chances have gone down from 15% to 8%.

In no particular order

Leeds (draw)
Dortmund (draw)
Chelsea (Fa cup semi) (win)
Villa (draw)
PSG (draw 2-2) away
Everton (draw)
Brighton (win)
Newcastle (win)
Leicester (fa cup final) (win)
Spurs (league cup final) win
PSG (home 1-1) draw
Palace (draw)
Chelsea (draw)
Chelsea (champions league final) draw Win on pens!

9 draws 5 wins - quadrouple!!

So many draws ... who do you think we are, Fulham?

Since the last time we actually drew a game we have played 28 games ... and you already know the rest ...

I just can’t understand why we are the favourites. Imo we are not quite good enough to win the champions league, we lack that world class striker and are a bit too slow in midfield. I think we would really struggle to contain either psg or Bayern on the counter attack as they both look a lot quicker and more powerful than we do.

Not to mention our players look very tense in this competition which leads to uncharacteristic mistakes (see Laporte v spurs, ederson yesterday etc). I am confident we will win it within the next 5 years though. Our time is coming
Agree with your second paragraph but not the first. We don’t seem to have the mentality but if we play at our best and believe it we really have nothing to worry about.

We are favourites because we dominate the hardest league in the World to a level rarely seen. However,and it’s been said many times, that counts for nothing if you can’t bring that game to the pitch when it matters most.

Edit: Just watched Bayern v PSG. Rarely have I seen two sides defend so badly. Almost comical.

Last edited:
I just can’t understand why we are the favourites. Imo we are not quite good enough to win the champions league, we lack that world class striker and are a bit too slow in midfield. I think we would really struggle to contain either psg or Bayern on the counter attack as they both look a lot quicker and more powerful than we do.

Not to mention our players look very tense in this competition which leads to uncharacteristic mistakes (see Laporte v spurs, ederson yesterday etc). I am confident we will win it within the next 5 years though. Our time is coming
Because we have the best squad and the best coach.

No need to be afraid of failure in CL. Everyone needs to relish it, rather than fear of being favourites.

City have the 2nd highest wage bill in world football too. We are not plucky underdogs in CL anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.