The Queens Honours List!

BluePurgatory

What is the point of this list. Its seems that anyone who does not deserve one will get one. Gary Barlow for organising the Queens birthday bash and the CC Fahey for ????? O yea letting all the scallies run riot in Manchester. YCMIU.

The point is that if you're a businessman and you give a certain amount of dough to the Tories, they'll give you a knighthood to make your future earnings even more lucrative.

And to prove it isn't elitist, they have to give lesser awards to plebs like Gary Barlow and David James for services to the working class.

My uncle, who was a Captain in the Army and served his country faithfully for over 25 years received an MBE. As he and my Nan were ardent royalists and patriots, it was the proudest moment of his life and made him feel that his career was appreciated and valued.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't display the usual cynicism here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declining_a_British_honour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declining_a_British_honour</a>

I always find those who declined honours more interesting, with the exception of Michael Winner who is just a dick.

Damocles said:
My uncle, who was a Captain in the Army and served his country faithfully for over 25 years received an MBE. As he and my Nan were ardent royalists and patriots, it was the proudest moment of his life and made him feel that his career was appreciated and valued.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't display the usual cynicism here.
And that's the point I think, he fully deserves it, yet someone organises a concert, or Chris Hoy rides a bike in a circle and gets knighted in his 30s!! The awards given to people for charitable work etc fully deserve the recognition, but these sportsman or entertainers I think devalue the awards to a degree, years ago it seemed on,y a few would get the awards but now the list seems to get ever longer, maybe they should limit how many they give out so the ones that really deserve it get it.

Usually a pile of shite with no mark celebs. At last a worthy one...

Boyd Tunnock, him of caramel wafers and teacakes fame gets a knighthood.

Usually a pile of shite with no mark celebs. At last a worthy one...

Boyd Tunnock, him of caramel wafers and teacakes fame gets a knighthood.
Went out with a girl who was from Uddingston, home of Tunnocks. She said she got a lift home from school once in the Rolls Royce of the wife of the patriarch of the company.

Slightly eccentric, but commendable sweets. The wafers can be very moorish.

Went out with a girl who was from Uddingston, home of Tunnocks. She said she got a lift home from school once in the Rolls Royce of the wife of the patriarch of the company.

Slightly eccentric, but commendable sweets. The wafers can be very moorish.
Jimmy Saville used to give kids a lift in his Rolls Royce.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.