The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Millwallawayveteran1988

So after Liverpool win again it is all to play for.

4 points separate the four clubs chasing 3 places.

The remaining fixtures are as follows:

City

West Brom H
Palace A
Rags A
West Ham H
Villa H
Spurs A
Qpr h
Swansea A
Southampton H
(5 at home, 4 away with 3 games against top 7 sides)

Arsenal

Newcastle A
Liverpool H
Burnley A
Sunderland H
Chelsea H
Hull A
Swansea H
Rags A
West Brom H

(5 home 4 away 3 top 5 sides to play)

Rags

Liverpool A
villa H
Us H
Chelsea A
Everton A
West Brom H
Palace A
Arsenal H
Hull A

(4 home 5 away - 4 of top 5 to play)

Liverpool

United H
Arsenal A
Newcastle H
Hull A
West Brom A
QPR H
Chelsea A
Palace H
Stoke A

( 4 home 5 away - 3 of top 5)

So for me on paper we have the best list out of that lot but are bottom of the form league.

Arsenal next with Liverpool and then rags.

Next two games for us bearing in mind who are playing who elsewhere are clearly now huge games.

Re: The race for the Top 4

Looking at the fixtures I would normally think we'd be OK. But with Mr Complacent at the helm who knows.

We have the players to make sure we don't get into trouble but our form is so bad at the moment.

Let's hope the players do what they did last year at the end of the season. Personally feel it had little to do with the manager.It was more Yaya saying let's do this.

robbieh said:
Looking at the fixtures I would normally think we'd be OK. But with Mr Complacent at the helm who knows.

We have the players to make sure we don't get into trouble but our form is so bad at the moment.

Let's hope the players do what they did last year at the end of the season. Personally feel it had little to do with the manager.It was more Yaya saying let's do this.

I agree it gets down to the players and whether they give a stuff.

We all know our squad and ability is better than those sides in the premiership at least but if we cannot be arsed it matters little.

They could even say stuff MP and his incompetence we will do it inspite of him

We have by far the best run of games over there, if we miss CL, they should all have their legs broken.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

City

West Brom H
Palace A
Rags A
West Ham H
Villa H
Spurs A
Qpr h
Swansea A
Southampton H

Arsenal

Newcastle A
Liverpool H
Burnley A
Sunderland H
Chelsea H
Hull A
Swansea H
Rags A
West Brom H

Rags

Liverpool A
villa H
Us H
Chelsea A
Everton A
West Brom H
Palace A
Arsenal H
Hull A

Liverpool

United H
Arsenal A
Newcastle H
Hull A
West Brom A
QPR H
Chelsea A
Palace H
Stoke A

So for me on paper we have the best list out of that lot but are bottom of the form league.

Next two games for us bearing in mind who are playing who elsewhere are clearly now huge games.

The trouble is the dippers and the arse are brim full of pace, and playing with an intensity we can only currently dream of. The rags look our best bet, but I'm not confident there either. Unless Pellegrini starts picking the players to make his favoured formation work properly, or a formation that suits his chosen players, then I genuinely don't think we'll finish top four. 3 wins out of 11 speaks volumes for where we're currently at. One day I swear we'll do something the easy way instead of stressing the fucking life out of everyone

It's terribly exciting....
We just need Chelsea to draw a couple and lose a couple and then we're all on an even keel...
Telling you we'll win it on the last day, you heard it hear first....
What's good for us is that with the rags, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea dropping points having to play eachother, we could sneak in un-noticed again and get top spot.
Am looking forward to the next 2 months, time to get the valium out and get that champagne on ice...
Believe believe believe....

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

City

West Brom H
Palace A
Rags A
West Ham H
Villa H
Spurs A
Qpr h
Swansea A
Southampton H

Arsenal

Newcastle A
Liverpool H
Burnley A
Sunderland H
Chelsea H
Hull A
Swansea H
Rags A
West Brom H

Rags

Liverpool A
villa H
Us H
Chelsea A
Everton A
West Brom H
Palace A
Arsenal H
Hull A

Liverpool

United H
Arsenal A
Newcastle H
Hull A
West Brom A
QPR H
Chelsea A
Palace H
Stoke A

The trouble is the dippers and the arse are brim full of pace, and playing with an intensity we can only currently dream of. The rags look our best bet, but I'm not confident there either. Unless Pellegrini starts picking the players to make his favoured formation work properly, or a formation that suits his chosen players, then I genuinely don't think we'll finish top four. 3 wins out of 11 speaks volumes for where we're currently at. One day I swear we'll do something the easy way instead of stressing the fucking life out of everyone

That's part of getting better at the things we have struggled with a bit to get from a mid table club that flurts with relegation under KK and SP to the next level under Sven and Leslie to being a side that challenges each year for the title.

Better staff at getting in the right players , better facilities , better coaches , better managers that get better at overcoming any obstacles put in your way.

It's been a slow progression in the main and you will take steps forward and backwards but the task to improve in all aspects cannot be compromised and it won't be.

manimanc said:
It's terribly exciting....
We just need Chelsea to draw a couple and lose a couple and then we're all on an even keel...
Telling you we'll win it on the last day, you heard it hear first....
What's good for us is that with the rags, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea dropping points having to play eachother, we could sneak in un-noticed again and get top spot.
Am looking forward to the next 2 months, time to get the valium out and get that champagne on ice...
Believe believe believe....

I think you've taken too much vallium already.

Luckily they'll be taking points off each other:

Arsenal - Liverpool
Liverpool - United
United - Arsenal

We should comfortably manage top 4, we need to focus on holding on to top 2 or 3 to guarantee CL Group Stages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.