The Rapture (Return of Christ) & Doomsday Predicted

HamannCheese

The Rapture - 21 May 2011
End of the Word - 21 October 2011

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but I thought I'd let you all know.
I was listening to my local radio station last night (FM104) and they had some devoted Christian on who, not by himself but with many other followers, has predicted the return of Christ and the end of the world.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/blogs-list.aspx?show_guid=394c34d9-79be-4b89-a0ba-7e184beb0a37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/blogs ... 184beb0a37</a>

That's a link to the blog on FM104 and they also show some of the billboards that are posted up around the world at the moment including Nigeria and other countries. I havn't got time to check there actually site out but I think its ebiblefellowship.com

The lines on the phoneshow last night were jammed and I didn't get to ask my questions. Does the Pope know about this etc.

It was a bit freaky in all but also very silly. I don't think this will happen at all but it will still linger in my mind. What's your take?

YungJoshiiMcFc said:

I was listening to my local radio station last night (FM104) and they had some devoted Christian on who, not by himself but with many other followers, has predicted the return of Christ and the end of the world.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/blogs-list.aspx?show_guid=394c34d9-79be-4b89-a0ba-7e184beb0a37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/blogs ... 184beb0a37</a>

That's a link to the blog on FM104 and they also show some of the billboards that are posted up around the world at the moment including Nigeria and other countries. I havn't got time to check there actually site out but I think its ebiblefellowship.com

The lines on the phoneshow last night were jammed and I didn't get to ask my questions. Does the Pope know about this etc.

It was a bit freaky in all but also very silly. I don't think this will happen at all but it will still linger in my mind. What's your take?

Unadulterated bullshit. Well, you asked.

YungJoshiiMcFc said:

As someone who believes the rapture will happen, I can confirm that this is nuts...

The bible clearly says, no-one but God the Father knows when Jesus will come back, so he's clearly wrong...

For the record, dates are predicted all the time, most of which have past and yet here we all are still... don't know why people bother really.

The bible clearly says, no-one but God the Father knows when Jesus will come back, so he's clearly wrong...

The bible was written by some blokes a few thousand years ago, so using quotations from the bible to prove/disprove anything is a fruitless task. It's not fact, it's storytelling, elaborate storytelling I'll grant you, but make believe nonetheless.

Matty said:

The bible was written by some blokes a few thousand years ago, so using quotations from the bible to prove/disprove anything is a fruitless task. It's not fact, it's storytelling, elaborate storytelling I'll grant you, but make believe nonetheless.

Except that the rapture is predicted in the bible so they're getting their information from the bible, I simply replied using the same source.

Your opinion about the bible, is your opinion not fact, my opinion is different to your opinion, that's ok...

Ok so there's been many predictions made before that have come and passed with nothing happening. But look at the amount of advertising made on this one. Perhaps its a lie to make people turn to religion, who knows. I'd advise you all to download the podcast on fm104s website. It's a good listen and very entertaining.

philinho said:
Matty said:

Except that the rapture is predicted in the bible so they're getting their information from the bible, I simply replied using the same source.

Your opinion about the bible, is your opinion not fact, my opinion is different to your opinion, that's ok...

So the heavens and the Earth were created in 7 days? Woman was formed from mans rib? My opinion is that these are ridiculous statements and completely untrue. I'd go as far as to say it's a FACT that these things are completely untrue, ergo the bible is storytelling and NOT fact.

If you, or anyone else, wishes to believe in what the bible says then so be it, but just because you believe in something doesn't mean it's not, in actuality, a load of rubbish. My niece believes in Father Christmas, my family allows her to believe in this, however her belief in him doesn't make him any more real, or me any more wrong for saying he doesn't exist.

philinho said:
Matty said:

but you believe this prediction of a rapture from the bible don't you as a fact.
how can you be so sure its not some made up gobboly guke?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.