The real old fans - come back.

Why Always Ste said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Why Always Ste said:
Already posted this in another thread but yea we won a free upgrade into the Hospitality area today and it was awful.
Hardly no atmosphere, everybody sat down (only standing to go eat more food)
The dress code, general vibe, just wasn't football for me at all.

I would genuinely refuse an offer of a free Box or any hospitality after experiencing it as you just can't put a price on Atmosphere that we somehow still get in small pockets in the stadium.

We were 2-1 down near the end and where we sat in this corporate area was near enough empty (even though we had 3mins + 5mins extra time) to play.

No support except with your credit card when buying overpriced carveries and shit.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61984000/jpg/_61984460_seats.jpg[/bigimg]

Please.

You entered a competition to win hospitality and now you're acting all surprised that it wasn't like the south stand, or wherever you sit?

You dick. These people's cash subsidise your season ticket. Just because they don't do the Poznan and headbutt opposition fans, doesn't make them less valuable to the club. The truth is the club desperately needs more people in the corporate areas.

Fair enough.
Guess we'll have to sacrifice atmosphere for the sake of increasing the Matchday revenue to please Platini.
Neither need be sacrificed and it's perfectly logical to raise revenue even without FFP. We are still making a loss. You can't whinge about an owner who's stuck a billion quid in because he doesn't want to spend anymore if he needn't do. Stupid thing to begrudge him especially when we can have corporate and have atmosphere. The real problem at the moment is that so few people seem up for it at home. There's no occasion, and even little sense of togetherness at the moment I feel. Just a few short years ago, the Poznan years as I call them, we were much better at home. Chelsea in the FA Cup just a few weeks ago proved how loud we can be when we are riled and stirred up. The question is how can we do that for every match. It used to be the Poznan that did it, and got the whole stadium involved. Now it only seems to be the moments when the away fans have got us riled i.e. Cardiff and Chelsea. Not good enough. We've got to rouse our own support. It shouldn't be that way but we've got to. Hopefully the 1894 group can help sort it.

gmckennasell said:
I dont understand why some supporters deny their is an issue with the atmosphere at the etihad , since standing in the scoreboard end in the 60's , our support upto the "takeover" has been decent and vociferous but i have noticed a decline , i would say 50% of the stadium dont sing or curse the officials they appear content to sit and be entertained One bloke in front of me today in east stand 101 went for 2 bags of chips on 22 minutes , i know the match wasnt rivetting viewing , but couldnt his porky son wait another half hour before stuffing his face , For all our success , there are some things i miss from Maine Road , the gallows humour etc , we used to pride ourselves of not becoming like "them" , plastic/tourist/celebrity club , but is this the price we pay for success.

Saying the atmosphere was good up until the takeover is pure rubbish. For the majority of the time at the new stadium it has been pretty poor. I won't even mention what the club tried to do to improve the atmosphere when Psycho was manager

I remember the atmosphere at the FA cup quarter final v Everton at Maine Road, 52,000 and the place was rocking.

I passed through City square before kick off and although it was all very nice it was like a nice fun day type atmosphere.

Once inside the ground it felt like a pre season friendly with everybody relaxed and enjoying the sunshine.

Football has changed, it has out priced the lower paid working class, the all seater has prevented mates from gathering together . The male culture of the game has also changed. In the 80's you rarely saw a city fan with his girlfriend or wife, now it is a very common site ( I now take my wife every game for the last 8 seasons ) . It has become a lot safer and in the main fans are now behaving better.

A combination of the above kills the atmosphere we all remember, although my memory says its wasn't ever game at Maine Road, just the big ones.

Yesterday was a big game but we only turned up when we went 2-0 down !

Why Always Ste said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Why Always Ste said:
Already posted this in another thread but yea we won a free upgrade into the Hospitality area today and it was awful.
Hardly no atmosphere, everybody sat down (only standing to go eat more food)
The dress code, general vibe, just wasn't football for me at all.

I would genuinely refuse an offer of a free Box or any hospitality after experiencing it as you just can't put a price on Atmosphere that we somehow still get in small pockets in the stadium.

We were 2-1 down near the end and where we sat in this corporate area was near enough empty (even though we had 3mins + 5mins extra time) to play.

No support except with your credit card when buying overpriced carveries and shit.

[bigimg]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61984000/jpg/_61984460_seats.jpg[/bigimg]

Please.

You entered a competition to win hospitality and now you're acting all surprised that it wasn't like the south stand, or wherever you sit?

You dick. These people's cash subsidise your season ticket. Just because they don't do the Poznan and headbutt opposition fans, doesn't make them less valuable to the club. The truth is the club desperately needs more people in the corporate areas.

Fair enough.
Guess we'll have to sacrifice atmosphere for the sake of increasing the Matchday revenue to please Platini.

It isn't to please Platini, it's to please The Sheikh. And he has a right to be pleased.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Another truly hilarious thread. I just love it when we get beat, Bluemoon is like the Christmas TV times, full of repeats,
1. Pellegrini crap
2. Atmosphere crap
3. Dzeko crap
4. Early leavers are crap
5. Garcia crap
6. Demichelis crap (I agree with this one)
7. Crowd full of tourists
Etc etc etc

Having watched hundreds of games from the Kippax I know what it was like on there when we were playing crap, atmosphere was flat, you would always have a few pockets trying to get everyone going but it wasn't like a derby every game as some people are trying to say. I've also got dozens of VHS copies of games that reflect this. I completely agree the atmosphere could be better but to try and suggest that Maine Road was a constant hot bed of atmosphere is wrong. Wigan had a good following today, were loud and their team were up for a fight, sadly our team wasn't which was obvious as early as the 2nd minute and gradually the atmosphere sank. If the team comes out fighting it fuels the fans and vice versa, today was not one of those days unfortunately.

To be fair 2 to 6 happen even when we win

I thought the fans got behind the team reasonably well despite some individually poor performances. Let's face it we have seen time and time again this season - as soon as we introduce players outside our core 15 we have a problem. No complaints from me - actually enjoyed the game and thought Wigan deserved it. Welcome reality check for all of us.

The days of 'jumpers for goalposts' have long gone at our club and every other one.
Society has changed & football has changed. A lot of it for the good but also at a cost
and one of those costs is 'atmostphere'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.