The real old fans - come back.

TGR said:
The days of 'jumpers for goalposts' have long gone at our club and every other one.
Society has changed & football has changed. A lot of it for the good but also at a cost
and one of those costs is 'atmostphere'.

You're right about "cost" and this for me is a major factor in the Atmosphere in a stadium, our stadium being packed full of middleaged people who might not feel comfortable with bouncing around everywhere and singing (unless they're away from the Wife on an away trip with the lads)

The new expansions in the stadium need to drastically cater for the people of the Community on lower incomes (many of whom are in the 18-30 age bracket) with lowering the entry prices and including initiatives on the ticket such as free travel (like what's seen in the Bundesliga)

I doubt this will happen as pointed out by other posters, the Hospitality areas will bring in more revenue and this clearly points out where the club owners want MCFC to go... Like some sort of Horse Racing experience

[bigimg]http://assets.gcstatic.com/u/apps/asset_manager/uploaded/2010/24/ascot-hats-ladies-day3-1276783211.jpg[/bigimg]

This will become the new event for Football, well it already has in certain areas of the stadium.

Enjoy :)

The average age of our support is quite high, due to winning fuck all and the cost of it.

A lot of the older lads cant be fucked with all this standing and singing nonsense they've done there time on the kippax. The problem is we don't have the younger fans to replace them because we've missed out on a generation of support.

EDIT:Plus the younger fans coming through now are being brought up in a sterile atmosphere with playstations on the concourse

Clevers said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
mancityvstoke said:
Who watched that video of our new fans in Thailand or wherever on the screens? Now that is surely a change

Possibly the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen at the club

Got to agree and if that was the winner I shudder to think what the runners up were like.

Were you sat near me in CB3 yesterday Clevers? Yours was exactly the same reaction as the guy next to me. Lavinda minor asked me if it was a spoof video. We were all shaking our heads in disbelief.

I did my apprenticeship in the Platt Lane End, moved on to the Kippax, and then graduated in advanced moaning in Block 'H' at Maine Road. Nowadays any old Johnny-come-lately can win a competition for watching City on the telly. It makes my blood boil, it really does.

Bollocks... I'm going to write a stern letter to Bernard Halford.

awest said:
We need them back in numbers to get behind the lads when we are struggling. The new fans seem to have to wait until we are 3-0 up before getting behind the team. Surely we are not turning into the prawn sandwich brigade are we?

The notion that the 'real old' fans used to get behind the team is a complete myth.

A galvanising chorus of 'Come on City' would follow a set-back but if things didnt immediately turn around the moans and groans would persist until the final whistle. These would be accompanied by individual players being scapegoated along with whistles and boos.

We used to be pessimistic, impossible to please, and sometimes outright cruel. Just like today.

That Video @ Half Time was Embarrassing to say the least. To cap it all i met a Tourist last night from Dallas farting on about how Our DEFENCE AND OFFENCE Were all wrong! Iasked him wether he was @ York/Chesterfield in the dark days-and guess what? he d never heard of them and stated we had never ever played them!?,At this point he left the scene rather quickly.

As has been said on numerous occasions, success attracts all sorts of nu-fans / numpties.
You can't really do anything about it. Your club wants these people in jester hats, pockets full of cash to buy little Jonny an offical MCFC pie, have his photograph taken with Moonchester.

We've had it for years at OT/Swamp(!) and it does irritate but all you can do is your own little bit and scream your support for the shirts.

It's a small price to pay for being an attractive club to watch.

Why do people blame the takeover for the atmosphere? Did none of these attend COMS since we moved? Hamburg aside the atmosphere at The Etihad is turd and has been for the majority of the time. It's not just us 99%of home fans are poor, It isn't the same buzz and excitement of an away game which is a day out and a buzz, going to a home game is a few hours out of your day and even worse if the team serves up garbage like the first half yesterday.

Moving the away fans wont help, nothing will it is just how it is at home, get over it<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:27 pm --<br /><br />
pete1970 said:
That Video @ Half Time was Embarrassing to say the least. To cap it all i met a Tourist last night from Dallas farting on about how Our DEFENCE AND OFFENCE Were all wrong! Iasked him wether he was @ York/Chesterfield in the dark days-and guess what? he d never heard of them and stated we had never ever played them!?,At this point he left the scene rather quickly.

Well done you hard man

Our average attendance this season is only 500 higher than the first season we moved to this stadium 10 years ago, when we weren't terribly good and had no chance of winning the league. (Contrary to popular belief amongst visiting supporters).

So I don't really see (mathematically) how the ground can now be full of prawn-sandwich eaters and glory-hunters ... the crowd numbers have barely changed in a decade, so where can all these glory-hunters be squeezing themselves into ?

But I do agree with what someone else said ... there are more middle-aged and old City supports than at many clubs, including United - our average age is higher, I think ... no doubt due to 30 years of (largely) rubbish while United won everything ... we lost (a high percentage of) a generation there, and those that did persist wiht City probably got a bit cynical ... but hopefully we are now better placed to attract the next generation.

Re: The real old fans - come back

awest said:
We need them back in numbers to get behind the lads when we are struggling. The new fans seem to have to wait until we are 3-0 up before getting behind the team. Surely we are not turning into the prawn sandwich brigade are we?

The fans were terrific after we went 2 down. They do have an air of expectancy before we are either losing by 2 or winning by 2 though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.