The real old fans - come back.

Lavinda Past said:
mancityvstoke said:
M24 Citizen said:
This season it's as if the Kippax corner fans from last year have all stopped going and been replaced by others who don't sing. Always sang last year, this year they're not much better than the rest of the stadium. We were outsung by Wigan yesterday ffs.

I think in cup games quite a few don't go or move elsewhere???

Indonesia?

Is that tier 2?

the one positive from sunday ,was the noise and encouragement,from the stands in the second half,

Well, well well what a change in opinion from some whippersnappers on here
I remember reading on here some years ago that City supporters in their 50s (like me) and 60s were most probably fat bald headed knuckle dragging football hooligans in the 70s and 80s and were not welcome or needed at the new Etihad anymore
Plenty on bluemoon readily turn their noses up at people who wrote, read or were in books like The Guvnors and other City related books, now they are screaming for the same people to come back to the Etihad and create a bit of noise and atmosphere like we used to on the Kippax and North Stand
Iv got news for you, some of the lads and lasses from that era still go but are slowly getting pissed off with the 'new' fans constantly tapping them on the shoulder and saying in some strange dialect to 'sit down' as I can't get a decent shot of the pitch with my iPhone to show the folks back home
If you want atmosphere go in Mary Ds at the very back, and a lot of the older lads are watching it on the TV in there and having a beer,its great

blue underpants said:
I remember reading on here some years ago that City supporters in their 50s (like me) and 60s were most probably fat bald headed knuckle dragging football hooligans in the 70s and 80s and were not welcome or needed at the new Etihad anymore
Plenty on bluemoon readily turn their noses up at people who wrote, read or were in books like The Guvnors and other City related books, now they are screaming for the same people to come back to the Etihad and create a bit of noise and atmosphere like we used to on the Kippax and North Stand
Iv got news for you, some of the lads and lasses from that era still go but are slowly getting pissed off with the 'new' fans constantly tapping them on the shoulder and saying in some strange dialect to 'sit down' as I can't get a decent shot of the pitch with my iPhone to show the folks back home
If you want atmosphere go in Mary Ds at the very back, and a lot of the older lads are watching it on the TV in there and having a beer,its great

at Wembley we were singing Bluemoon and I had my scarf up as usual.

This young lad behind me tapped me on the shoulder asking me (politely) to put my scarf down as he couldn't see.

I was gobsmacked honest.

mancityvstoke said:
blue underpants said:

at Wembley we were singing Bluemoon and I had my scarf up as usual.

This young lad behind me tapped me on the shoulder asking me (politely) to put my scarf down as he couldn't see.

I was gobsmacked honest.
I can well believe it, however loads of us in JJ Moons had no such problems, even the doormen were cheering when we scored

It doesn't help for cup games when most of the south stand has to up sticks and scatter around the ground, i still think relocating the away fans to colin bell 3 would be the best place possible, must be a advantage for an away teams to be attacking their own fans in the second half, especially if we are chasing the game and their fans are up for it. Think a major re-think of their placing needs to happen when the SS is extended.

I seem to remember piped applause and clapping for a game at Maine Road and the sign with hands clapping saying 'come on City' when we had corners. All to encourage audience participation.
Rose tinted Maine Road glasses anyone...?

ped said:
the one positive from sunday ,was the noise and encouragement,from the stands in the second half,
True, i thought we gave good backing in 2nd half especially after Nasris goal. First half we were shocked at how bad we were. Regarding the older fans, i think theyre still there . Where i sit the most vocal are my generation late 40s. Some of the kids are on facebook most of the game. Dont know what the solution is but please fk the away fans off from the South Stand in cup games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.