The REAL unthinkable issue

AlgarveBlu

When reading the post earlier on 'what if the unthinkable happens' I assumed it was about the issue that Gary Neville raised after the match yesterday about FFP and his talk of 'not wanting to see the owners leave City and us sliding back to league 1'...

Sent a shiver down my spine to be honest and I know from the position we are in now the idea seems ludicrous, but is it any more ludicrous than someone saying in 2008 that we would go on to win two PL titles in the next 6 years?

We have to go back to why ADUG bought into City and look at the core reasons and it was not in my opinion as a direct financial investment that would yield profits alone from our club but it was to put Abu Dhabi on the global map and indirectly yield benefits by raising the country's global profile with a fairly consistent winning team- They know they can't rely upon oil revenues forever.

If FFP cuts off our arms and legs and we end up being an 'also ran' club as the others can compete for the likes of Bale at al, does the project backfire on them and they look for a way to extrapolate themselves from the City project?

The Chimps league does not even register on the scale of sleepless nights compared to this...I do think that they would never leave City without the house being in good order though and not debt ridden like United as that is a legacy that from a PR point of view would damage them significantly...

They're in for too much to just throw it away.

If FFP really were to make a difference then they would go after UEFA legally with all guns blazing.

Hopefully we've done enough before FFP really bites for it to be a problem for us in the longer term.

This is just another when the sheikh gets bored comment, not sure if this is a WUM?

Anyway for rags reading we are already pretty much self sufficient now and covering one of the biggest wage bills in sport, so I wouldn't worry, we're having a poor season but you may as well get used to us as we're not going away

AlgarveBlu said:
When reading the post earlier on 'what if the unthinkable happens' I assumed it was about the issue that Gary Neville raised after the match yesterday about FFP and his talk of 'not wanting to see the owners leave City and us sliding back to league 1'...

Sent a shiver down my spine to be honest and I know from the position we are in now the idea seems ludicrous, but is it any more ludicrous than someone saying in 2008 that we would go on to win two PL titles in the next 6 years?

We have to go back to why ADUG bought into City and look at the core reasons and it was not in my opinion as a direct financial investment that would yield profits alone from our club but it was to put Abu Dhabi on the global map and indirectly yield benefits by raising the country's global profile with a fairly consistent winning team- They know they can't rely upon oil revenues forever.

If FFP cuts off our arms and legs and we end up being an 'also ran' club as the others can compete for the likes of Bale at al, does the project backfire on them and they look for a way to extrapolate themselves from the City project?

The Chimps league does not even register on the scale of sleepless nights compared to this...I do think that they would never leave City without the house being in good order though and not debt ridden like United as that is a legacy that from a PR point of view would damage them significantly...

Seriously we are fine either way with FFP. Our owners are already looking in the rear view mirror at it. UEFA brought it in too late to stop us. Now other clubs should worry...

Manchester City and the CFG is the highest profile investment made by the Sheikh
There was a thread on here a couple of years ago on the very subject and the fact that it's so high profile there's absolutely no way the owner would walk away
There have been articles in the media on how when the Sheikh meets a head of state or President/Prime minister, the first thing they talk about is City. Even the Queen mentioned us in a speech not long ago

I suspect we're safe unless ISIS invades the UAE

So we're losing recently I gather lol... ADUG aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
If their intension was to shine a positive light on AD then why would they just close shop and leave City in the shit?
This would be a complete PR disaster.

If ADUG did sell I think it would be to someone else with their heads screwed on and in 50yrs or something.... Long after you've been and gone yourself

Abu Dhabi was already on the Global Map, its been there decades, if not centuries.

ADUG are long term investors, they have big, long term investments and know that with any investment, you have to 'invest', grow and get rewards.

I'm just hoping that if we don't finish in the top four and have to play in the Europa League, UEFA wont be arsed if we spend half a billion to rebuild the team overnight lol

It's not really a "REAL unthinkable" issue though is it. Only idiots (no offence to you OP) think there's a chance we'll slide back into the abyss and they tend to support one of the old top 4, read The Sun and post on redcafe or rawk.

dickie davies said:
Manchester City and the CFG is the highest profile investment made by the Sheikh
There was a thread on here a couple of years ago on the very subject and the fact that it's so high profile there's absolutely no way the owner would walk away
There have been articles in the media on how when the Sheikh meets a head of state or President/Prime minister, the first thing they talk about is City. Even the Queen mentioned us in a speech not long ago

I suspect we're safe unless ISIS invades the UAE

I never for one second thought the Sheik would walk out on us and leave us in a state of disrepair they've shown way too much class for that to happen, but I think it's a bit dangerous to dismiss out of hand that the board at ADUG will change and so will there priorities - if they can bat away these FFP issues without a blink of an eye as everyone seems so confident about then there is nothing to see here...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.