The really useful gadget thread;

Been in the wilderness coffee wise now for a good few years resorting back to instant Nescafe and Duggie Edwards and although it worked out cheaper than "podding" the taste dissapated after a few days of the jars opening. The first rip of the foil is beyond the magnificent with the pungent smell of aromatic roasts from the flavorsome Robusta beans smashing the the nasal passage with essence of dark to medium roast that should really only be found in jars costing twice the price. They bulk it out and sell it low, but as mentioned once open the bean loses a lot of it's characteristics. Advanced double-filter technology is used well by Nestles to give every mug of Nescafe Original a rich full flavour. Been drinking a lot of beans tonight as it's non alcohol day and something inside of me just kicked out and said enough is enough. I have drunk nicer dregs to be fair and so the days of putting up with second best were immediately put to sleep as I cracked up the google in search for flavour and value. I can tell you know I didn't long to wait.

I liked the Tassimo but got a little pissed with their pricing mechanisms, so imagine my dismay when I saw they were doing a brand new 12 month subscription plan for their discerning customer base. The piece du resistance is that they also give you a free machine which is your to own at the end with no catches. Also the higher the plan the better machine you get so we picked the Tassimo Super Fan and as a thank you will receive a Tassimo My Way top of the range one worth £140. Obviously we checked the price online and it is correct so not bad for starters. But there was more, as being a Tassimo Super Fan it entitled us to get a 26% discount for the year. What is not to like, so in like our man flint and joining there and then.

It's £30 monthly and if you wish you can then cancel out at years end. So lets have a quick look at the sums to see if they all add up. Divide the free machine £140 / 12 and we have £11.66 so that can be deducted right away. That leaves a commitment of £18.34 monthly for which we will recive 9 boxes of coffee. The Costa we drink is a fiver a box and some of the others like the Machiatos are also around the same so therefore 9 x £5 = £45 for an outlay of only £18.34. Final calaculation being £2.03 a box of 16 drinks ..circa 12p a cup. It's a ridiculous saving and one that has brought us both out of the dark age and back into the light. Everything with E-commerce is price sensitive and if you get that price right the consumer will love you for it. I told Amazon this tonight in their feedback when we cancelled their free £7.99 trial. I suggested an annual price of no more than £50 and left them to wallow in their own man fat.

So why am I telling you all this ? Because we are an online community and family of blues coming together as one single entity for the love of the game. But theres more to life outside of football and if we can help each other secure a good deal or three then wheres the myther. I could have banged this in the deal or no deal thread but through our Moon's inteligent search engine this old bean popped up and back On Topic.

One hundred and forty nine reviews from the Argos and to a man every one of them 5 star happy.

Subscription here if needed.

FFS Mahrez, it's a marketing ploy to get you to spend more than you actually need too!

3MSkycx.gif

My Tassimo went to age uk this morning.
French press for me from now on.

Last edited:
With hindsight we should have bought into the highly regarded Nespresso Lattisima Touch. On Trust-pilot Mr Best held back no punches by calling the Tassimo an Environmental Monster whilst David Kippax only 2 days ago on page one said and I quote "if they want their machine back, they can have it when they come and collect it" apparently hes one of many dissatisfied Super Fan Subscription members. Are you on the Moon David because if you are make yourself known lad or PM as matter of urgency!

There may be trouble ahead !

I just go to one of the drive by little coffee shacks that are everywhere, tea at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.