The return of the showcase idiots

Entrance P1 tonight the new showcase team there seem to think they are in the stasi.

Had one bloke take his watch off and sent a woman with a handbag just smaller than about the size of VHS casette all the way to the back of the bag queue to have it checked. Never had to take my phone and keys out of my pocket till tonight

The queues have been quite chilled out and quick, these two numpties were winding everyone up and slowing it down
The one who dealt with me asked me to unzip my coat even though it was quite chilly. #Persecuted

The watch and sending simeine who had queued up all the way to another que for a tiny handbag was my main point, both unecessary and the attitude from two of them, most were alright as have been for months

Also someone asked why they hd to remove keys from pocket and the elder one threatened to photograph him, why I have no idea.

Sounds just like Nazi germany.

you should go through security for staff at the airport,get the wrong one and they will happily take your dinner off you stating there to much liquid in the beans ,one lad brings in the same thing for breakfast pretty much every day, but now and again that will get taken from him depends on who you get, most are ok , some though are complete wankers, dont forget we at the airport have to be security checked before we even get a job at the airport and have regular checks every 3 years, you cant even have a criminal record

I would have classed it as a purse and she was in the line next to the bag que, could have easily just let her be checked and go in, not send them all the way back.
As I already said keys and phone were not what was most noticable and not arsed if I have to carry them in my hand.
It was the attitude that I am more mithered about, there has been a team on P1 all last year and first few games, you have been able to chat and joke with them, this new pair thought the high vis makes them coppers, bad customer service skills imho.

Yeah. Attitude is v important - feel sorry for the stewards

Showcase is a huge company and I would presume the turnover is great amongst the staff. Most I have encountered have been fine, but you do get the odd one who thinks he is the toughest bouncer on the door and speaks to fan's like they are convicted prisoners, instead of paying customers just trying to watch a game.

The irritating bit is the inconsistency which occurs due to a fair amount of different stewards every week. Some just do a cursory wand, others add taking out keys and phones, unzipping jackets etcetera. Nobody seems to really be in charge or taking direction and you often get some just standing around chatting doing nothing as the queues get longer.

It is what it is though and due to today's climate we just have to grin and bear it as such searches are part of life these days.

The night before the WSL derby, I'd been vomiting and had the craps. I'd taken medication that day and needed lots of water. I'd just bought a bottle of water and there was a queue of 5 people. I opened the water in front of the steward, making a point that he'd see it, and the steward told me that no open water bottles could go in. I'd explained why and he said I'd need to throw it away. I drank the lot there and then, took his steward number, and made a big tutting sound. I was going to write a letter of complaint, but years of going to Nynex/MEN/City games has taught we one thing, the customer is second to a jobsworth with a few powers. Sometimes you get a steward who has a brain and some people skills, but more often these days, it is an Oberführer...

The night before the WSL derby, I'd been vomiting and had the craps. I'd taken medication that day and needed lots of water. I'd just bought a bottle of water and there was a queue of 5 people. I opened the water in front of the steward, making a point that he'd see it, and the steward told me that no open water bottles could go in. I'd explained why and he said I'd need to throw it away. I drank the lot there and then, took his steward number, and made a big tutting sound. I was going to write a letter of complaint, but years of going to Nynex/MEN/City games has taught we one thing, the customer is second to a jobsworth with a few powers. Sometimes you get a steward who has a brain and some people skills, but more often these days, it is an Oberführer...

What a shit story:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.