The Rise of Raheem Sterling

He’s a fine young man who’s shown himself to be a strong character and he’s a very good player and I hope he stays with us for years to come but an 8 episode biopic of his life - what the fuck is the world coming to ? He kicks a ball around for a living.

His dad was murdered,a lot of what he has done is shaped by that,he has had an interesting life,also hate figure to role model,it's a good story for kids to see

His dad is murdered when he's 2.

He moves to England and gets up at 5 each morning scrubbing hotel toilets before school to help his mum who's working multiple jobs. Grows up on one of the most crime-ridden estates in London.

He takes 3 busses each way to get to training every day. Dedicates himself to football because he knows it's his way out.

He leaves home at 15 to make his way at Liverpool.

He's a millionaire who's pulled his entire family out of poverty by the time he's 20.

Becomes a national media scapegoat and gets subjected to a horrendous racially motivated tabloid hate campaign, leading to getting booed around the country, being blamed for a shooting epidemic in London and some twat racially assaulting him.

Gets through the worst of it, uses his platform to defend 18 year old Tosin when he's subjected to the same thing and puts a stop to it, becomes one of the faces of anti-racism campaigning in this country and off the back of serious hard work on the pitch, one of the best players of his generation.

I would watch a series based on his life in an instant, and he's only just getting started. In a couple of years he's going to be recognised as the best forward England have produced in 20 years and he'll be a household name worldwide off the back of the commercial success he's headed for.

Last edited:
His dad is murdered when he's 3.

He moves to England and starts working at 6 years old scrubbing hotel toilets.

He takes 3 busses each way to get to training every day.

He leaves home at 11 to make his way at Liverpool.

He's a millionaire who's pulled his entire family out of poverty by the time he's 20.
You should tweet that out to the media,esp the dipper echo

How was he cleaning toilets at 6 in England?

My mum was working as a cleaner at some hotels to make extra money so she could pay for her degree. I’ll never forget waking up at five in the morning before school and helping her clean the toilets at the hotel in Stonebridge. I’d be arguing with my sister, like, “No! No! You got the toilets this time. I got the bed sheets."

The only good part about it was that my mum would let us pick anything we wanted from the vending machine when we finished. So you know I was going straight for the Bounty bar every time.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream

I don't know why 6 is the age I'm sure he was...maybe he mentioned it in another interview?

His dad was murdered,a lot of what he has done is shaped by that,he has had an interesting life,also hate figure to role model,it's a good story for kids to see
Absolutely agree. It’s never an 8 part series though.

My mum was working as a cleaner at some hotels to make extra money so she could pay for her degree. I’ll never forget waking up at five in the morning before school and helping her clean the toilets at the hotel in Stonebridge. I’d be arguing with my sister, like, “No! No! You got the toilets this time. I got the bed sheets."

The only good part about it was that my mum would let us pick anything we wanted from the vending machine when we finished. So you know I was going straight for the Bounty bar every time.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream

I don't know why 6 is the age I'm sure he was...maybe he mentioned it in another interview?

Thanks for that bud, Raz is amazing and hasn't he done well. He's over-egged that one though but young minds have that gift of filling in the gaps. I can remember my Mum taking us to work when she was a cleaner at Ingersol rand and she gave us little jobs to keep us occupied, that was a few decades before Raz though.

Why does the number wind you up?
It doesn’t wind me up and it’s in no way me having a dig at Raz. People are gonna watch what they’re gonna watch and I guess the argument is that it wouldn’t get made if it wasn’t gonna get the viewing figures.

I just find it absurd that the modern world’s obsession with celebrity culture could conceivably spawn an 8 part series about a moderately successful footballer who’s not had the easiest upbringing. I think of unbelievably successful sporting icons like Federer, Woods, Lebron, Serena, Rafa, Messi, Maradona etc etc all with interesting back stories and all of whom have, unlike Raz, transcended their sport and I’d be struggling to maintain interest in a series about them for 8 episodes so taking off our City hats for a minute is there really enough material about Raz to warrant such a lengthy series ?

It doesn’t wind me up and it’s in no way me having a dig at Raz. People are gonna watch what they’re gonna watch and I guess the argument is that it wouldn’t get made if it wasn’t gonna get the viewing figures.

I just find it absurd that the modern world’s obsession with celebrity culture could conceivably spawn an 8 part series about a moderately successful footballer who’s not had the easiest upbringing. I think of unbelievably successful sporting icons like Federer, Woods, Lebron, Serena, Rafa, Messi, Maradona etc etc all with interesting back stories and all of whom have, unlike Raz, transcended their sport and I’d be struggling to maintain interest in a series about them for 8 episodes so taking off our City hats for a minute is there really enough material about Raz to warrant such a lengthy series ?
I stopped reading at moderately successful,he is a large part of 198pts and and 6 trophies in the last 2yrs alone,he has turned himself and the media around,kids need role models who have battled their way to the top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.