The Rise of the Far Right

dave_blue12

Despite my poor initial post this thread seems to have stimulated some interesting discussion, though I haven't had chance to read it all yet.

I think it would have been more wise to title the thread 'The rise of Extremism'.

We live in a time when it has become 'normal' for politicians to tell downright provable lies. No-one bats an eye lid it seems. It has become normal for those who have put themselves forward in a position of public trust to lie and cheat and make disparaging remarks about women and their clothes. Does this strange normal encourage the general public to behave badly ?

Hate crime is reported as rising

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41648865

People are attacked in the street following rhetoric from politicians vilifying sections of communities. In the US 4 journalists were actually killed, many people linking their deaths to Trumps anti journalist rhetoric.

There are politicians who seem to be deliberately stoking up hatred and unfortunately there are feeble minded individuals who seem to take this as a green light to commit violence.

Is the world becoming an angrier place or have I lost perspective ?

Whilst I fully understand that one persons extremism is another persons normality I think it's a good thing to shine a light and discuss these issues.

A genuine thanks to all who have contributed thoughtfully following my ill thought out original post.

Last edited:
With news today of bombs being delivered to George Soros, the Clintons and CNN HQ, as well as Tommy Robinson declaring that the British Press is the enemy of the people it is high time we had a thread to discuss and highlight the activities of said people.

For me Farage, Bannon, Johnson, Rees Mogg are all aboard the same boat and indeed there does seem to be a degree of co-ordination in the messages they deliver.

It is now over 2 years since the murder of Jo Cox by someone described as a right wing nutcase but the extreme right wing continue to get airtime and spread their message.

Here in the UK we have laughed at the crazy Americans with their white supremacists, gun lobby and racist President but make no mistake the far right has designs on our country and they are deadly serious.

I like boris and Rees mogg. Please don’t label me far right and link me to a murder of a councillor. Ridiculous opening post.

I give it ten kaz.

Maybe I should start a thread why do the left label middle of the road people far right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like boris and Rees mogg. Please don’t label me fat right and link me to a murder of a councillor. Ridiculous opening post.

I give it ten kaz.

Maybe I should start a thread why do the left label middle of the road people far right?
I'll label you reduced fat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.