The Ronaldo and Messi Duopoly

Malty

Anyone think for the good of football and it's future roots it needs to end soon?

The Ballon d'Or ceremony is a 2 horse race and has been for the past 8 years.. it's a bit of a joke nobody else has challenged them with a good season or good World Cup/Euros.

Doesn't bother me to be honest. There are a lot of great players out there and there will be more to come.

Other people should have challenged them if it wasn't just a competition about how many goals someone has scored.

Aguero if he can keep injury-free and we do well in the CL may well win it. CR has all but signed off on scoring in important games and Messi has been assisting more than scoring.

Surely both Ronaldo's and Messi's level needs to drop soon.. it isn't normal with them both approaching 30.

We are living in a period where we are witnessing arguably two of the top 10 players ever to play the game playing at the same time, I doubt this will ever happen again in my lifetime and I am only 22.

I shall enjoy it while it lasts.

sam-caddick said:
We are living in a period where we are witnessing arguably two of the top 10 players ever to play the game playing at the same time, I doubt this will ever happen again in my lifetime and I am only 22.

It happens a lot more than you think. Pele/Garrincha, Maradona/Zico, Cruyff/Beckenbauer and Ronaldo/Zidane (in my opinion both had higher levels than Messi/Ronaldo.

supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:

It happens a lot more than you think. Pele/Garrincha, Maradona/Zico, Cruyff/Beckenbauer and Ronaldo/Zidane (in my opinion both had higher levels than Messi/Ronaldo.

Ronaldo/Zidane better than Messi/Ronaldo??

Can I have some of what you're having please mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.