"The Sancho Narrative" vs patience

Just remember that for every Sancho that leaves to get more playing time and succeed there are a bunch of players like Diaz that leave and don't.

I believe that had Sancho stayed at City he would have been great, it just would have taken longer, but maybe he'd have learnt more in the process. Similarly had Foden left he'd also have great success, probably faster, albeit he'd probably have learnt less in the process.

The point is, the reason why Sancho is successful atm and why Foden will succeed is because they're both incredible young players with what I assume to be incredible work ethics and incredible mentalities. Wherever they went or go, even if they were actively being held back for no purpose other than to stall their careers maliciously (which is the worst case scenario that would never realistically happen), they'd both become great players.

The cream rises to the top.

If Sancho had stayed at City, I'm not sure that his development would have been that much slower than at Dortmund. He made 12 appearences for Dortmund in 17/18. Inititally they were from the bench, his first start was in Jan 18. Sancho is clearly a great option as an impact sub, coming on late in games and using his speed, strength and trickery. If he'd stayed at City I think he would have featured quite often last year in that role. If he'd done as well as at Dortmund, isnt it possible that we wouldnt have signed Mahrez? Its very unlikely that he'd have become a regular starter for us this season but he could still have accumulated plenty of minutes. Not as many minutes as for Dortmund perhaps, but higher quality minutes.

I suspect SAncho will be nowhere in a few years time, his game is too confidence based, it's too transient, if he had stayed at City he would have learnt how to be a team player, its the way the game is going... Being skilled isnt enough you have to work hard and understand you need to work hard and get that team ethic. Our players have it or are learning it. I suspect Sancho will be a Neymar at best,. But he will earn lots I suppose.

Thats all it was, narrative. Total bollocks.

Phil stayed, learnt, became the star he is.
Sancho jumped the gun, became a star, became the failure he is.

Look at this bollocks :

What absolute wankers these reporters are. Arse and elbow, sancho and Foden

Look at this bollocks :

It's funny how you mention arse, my belief is that at the time we were trying to sign Sanchez from Arsenal, Wenger tapped Sancho up & thats where the homesick rumours came from. We probably accepted Dortmunds offer to spite Wenger

Interesting to revisit the topic; I mentioned during the fanfare that what has set us apart on such players is our due diligence; he’d of gone nowhere if it was a must to retain, this is Peps version of Pogba, we spout it time and time again but talent doesn’t make the individual succeed, takes more than that and it resonates with what we’ve just done with Cole; there are flaws where no stone goes uncovered, the flaws exist beyond public information and we have it locked firmly down…

Just imagine precocious talents like this being on £300k a week before sniffing an iota of success…

We are the modern benchmark that isn’t easily replicated, United had this down and we’ve merely copied and evolved it; discount the manager role at our peril, as non footballing execs protect the asset initially, it takes mavericks like Pep who see 5 steps ahead!

Interesting to revisit the topic; I mentioned during the fanfare that what has set us apart on such players is our due diligence; he’d of gone nowhere if it was a must to retain, this is Peps version of Pogba, we spout it time and time again but talent doesn’t make the individual succeed, takes more than that and it resonates with what we’ve just done with Cole; there are flaws where no stone goes uncovered, the flaws exist beyond public information and we have it locked firmly down…

Just imagine precocious talents like this being on £300k a week before sniffing an iota of success…

We are the modern benchmark that isn’t easily replicated, United had this down and we’ve merely copied and evolved it; discount the manager role at our peril, as non footballing execs protect the asset initially, it takes mavericks like Pep who see 5 steps ahead!
Yep he's a wrong un as his recent behaviour indicates, fairplay to City for spotting that early and getting him out the door. He'll end up as a kind of a poor man's Aaron Lennon with no disrespect intended to Aaron.

Look at this bollocks :

Almost as if the greatest manager there's ever been knows a bit more about the game than these rent-a-gobs with only 10 brain cells between them.

Sancho was free to move wherever he wanted as he hadn't signed a pro contract with City.
On the face of it, yes, you're correct.
But this thread is about reading between the lines at the nuances of young player decision making.
The press gaslit the nation into thinking Sancho was the next big superstar, but the reality is (from folk in the know at City) is he was damaged goods and not enough a team player.
Through that press excitement utd bought him on idiotic wages and fee, without due diligence.
As soon as they get a manager who puts team ethic above all, Sancho doesn't play ball (figuratively, and actually).
His career arc had been predicted years ago. It is now clear Sancho must change his attitude to life, or end up like so many other "could have beens".

Oh Jadon imagine if you had these 2 choices of playing football in Manchester.

1. Showing a bit of patience, learning from the best coach in the world, winning trophy after trophy, becoming a truly great footballer

2. Playing for OGS, Ralph the Rag and ten bob, winning one fucking league cup and becoming a bang average player who doesn’t even play

What would you choose Jadon?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.