The Scottish Football League Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Hearts get a top six spot.
Looks like Rangers are the team to beat and if Celtic get off to a bad start who knows.
Their defence looks shite so far and their goalies even worse.
Seem to be struggling to buy and sell players even though there is weeks to go to the transfer window closes.
It will be interesting to see how St Johnstone do as well after their brilliant efforts last season.

I'm tentatively hoping Falkirk can escape from the glory of League One up into the second tier of Scottish football.

As one of only two full-time teams in the league, managing to fall from top when the league resumed in March to fifth at the end of the season and completely miss out on the playoffs takes some doing. An arse-collapsing run of five points from our final nine league games makes me fervently hope it was our 'York away' moment and we go on a dizzying climb up the divisions.

Won't be putting any money on that though. Will probably take the kids to a few games for some character building experience.

Think rangers will walk it this season. By far the strongest and most settled team, and made a couple of solid signings in lundstram and Sakala. Celtic are a team in complete transition - new manager and new signings. i don't even think your most diehard celtic fan will have high hopes for this season. But they should still comfortably finish 2nd.

Then it will most likely be aberdeen, hearts and hibs in no particular order occupying the next 3 spots, possibly st johnstone in there. After that its just a stramash and impossible to call.

Hopes - Hibs finish 3rd and win a cup
Fears - Rangers win the treble

Confident but not cocky for me for Rangers. Team performed brilliant in the league last season, something that is often overlooked with Celtic's collapse.

As Mancityscot has said, we are settled, not lost anyone significant yet (although I do think 1 of Kamara or Morelos might leave), and have added a couple of shrewd out of contract players in Lundstrum & Sakala to add depth.

I do think Celtic will be better going forward this season, the young Israeli & the Japanese lad look exciting players, but its just all about how they defend & how the new players settle in defence. They need a good start & to keep up a good pace, otherwise the pressure will be on from the start.

Outwith the Old Firm, might be the usual suspects. Interesting to see how Aberdeen do under Glass & Brown, great to have Hearts back in the league, Hibs will do ok, St Johnstone are a very tough outfit, Dundee Utd might be interesting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.