The Scottish Politics thread

True. It’d be a push to call it a political party, but I’m not sure what you’d call them beyond an organisation/firm.
Wasn't really being serious, but I've always thought a federal UK was the ideal, and if it had been done way back, things like Independence, Brexit would never have caused the problems they have/will.

I wouldnt says it hot under the collar and certainly nothing to do with imperialism (wishful thinking there?)

Maybe it's because we (England) are always made to play second fiddle to the other nations by our esteemed politicians, always the least money spent and worst representation with no say on whether we would want to be separate from Scotland. Just a thought?
So you know I agree with you in terms of representation. I think there might well be regional parliaments in England as Westminster is far too SE/London centric.

England is two countries though. SE/London where most of the money flows to and the rest. I quite simply believe the Union should be one of consent. If any party no longer wants to be a part of it, they should be able to withdraw. At present there is no legal path for Scotland to gain independence other than through Westminsters consent.

Anyway any talk of independence is totally pointless as I can’t see it happening anytime soon.

So you know I agree with you in terms of representation. I think there might well be regional parliaments in England as Westminster is far too SE/London centric.

England is two countries though. SE/London where most of the money flows to and the rest. I quite simply believe the Union should be one of consent. If any party no longer wants to be a part of it, they should be able to withdraw. At present there is no legal path for Scotland to gain independence other than through Westminsters consent.

Anyway any talk of independence is totally pointless as I can’t see it happening anytime soon.
England isn't two countries tho is it? So it's a completely pointless analogy. I realise why you would want to bring that into the conversation tho.

I agree with your last point, but I believe this is more likely due to your nationalist party having shot itself in the foot in recent years. Trust in them has been severely damaged.

Last edited:
I’d forgotten about that lot. Garry Bushell was their most “successful” candidate and they merged with Veritas!

Veritas merged into them not the other way round. They are still around.

UKIP and BNP were effectively English National parties because they never got any of support of note in the other nations of the union.

England isn't two countries tho is it? So it's a completely pointless analogy. I realise why you would want to bring that into the conversation tho.

I agree with your last point tho, but I believe this is more likely due to your nationalist party having shot itself in the foot in recent years. Trust in them has been severely damaged.
Not really, SNP support has fallen,partly inevitable after so long in power. Support for independence has remained constant roughly 50/50 discounting don’t knows for a few years now.

Not really, SNP support has fallen,partly inevitable after so long in power. Support for independence has remained constant roughly 50/50 discounting don’t knows for a few years now.

This looks like the red ie No is more dominant in recent times. Also polls don't tell the true tale. Weren't the polls showing more favourable results to wards independence before the referendum?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.