The selfish 'I dont give a f--k' generation

The youth of today are to busy preaching veganism and climate change after doing a full on 4 hour week at uni.
They have never had a job in their life so what is the first thing they do when they get to uni?
Join a (student) union!
Then after 3 years of doing a 4 hour week the poor souls need to take ‘a year out’.
WTF!
The system is churning out wastrels full of ideological ideas who cannot cope in the real world. The system is broken and not fit for purpose. We are fucked!
Don't know where you're living , but that's not the world I live in.

Not all the younger generation are like that. Not fair to paint them all the same. And the main thing we need to accept, is that it is us, our generation who have failed bringing them up.

The ones who have no respect have been brought up to be like that. My sons weren’t, none of my family or friends have brought up their kids to be cunts. But plenty have, so the next time you see a young person being a ****, think of their parents, it’s their Fucking fault.

We have respect because our mums and dads brought us up that way. If there is a failure with our kids then look in the mirror.

Sick of hearing the young getting it in the neck because their parents didn’t give a Fuck raising them with values of respect.
Couldn’t agree more and whilst it might be a generalisation, the most disrespectful are often the kids who have had everything handed to them by their parents and not the ones from the rougher backgrounds like the media tend to portray.
There are far too many parents I see on middle to high incomes who care more about their career and own social life than they do about raising their kids, using money as a substitute for parenting.

Young people (18 to 25) are, in terms of percentage of giving, the biggest supporters of and engagers with charitable causes. They're also leading the public charge on environmental change - an environment that has been almost irreparably damged by selfish older generations who've had the "I'll be dead by then anyway" attitude.

Millenials are certainly narcissistic - social media has made sure of that - but they're no more selfish than older generations, certainly less so than baby boomers.

Leading the charge on environmental change...

Really?

How?

How many 18-25 year olds are involved in climate research?
Or working in inter governmental working parties trying to deal with it?

I think you’re dreaming.

I remember a photo doing the rounds of a pregnant woman stood up and a load of blokes sat down and the usual online witch-hunt started.

Turns out she’d stood to get up at the next stop, the pregnant woman released a statement on it.

These pictures aren’t always accurate.

Maybe this one is but I don’t think this is a generational issue, I always see people giving their seats up, of all ages, on the Met in Manchester and trains.

Too be fair so do I , people on the met with the old or pregnant are considerate in the main. The issue is most of the time the youngster sat down have not looked up for 20 mins as they are too busy staring at their screen !!

Really?

How?

I think you’re dreaming.

Don't be silly my niece often switches the light off (but never her phone) and she definitely still asks her mum to put her rubbish in the recycle bin......

Really?

How?

I think you’re dreaming.
Totally agree. Ever tried getting a teenager to turn off their light or shut the door so they don't let all the heat out. Feeling cold? Put a jumper on? No, let's whack the heating up to full. Plus all those maccie beefburgers they consume.

(I appreciate this might just be my house, though, thinking about it).

The danger is that selfishness and inconsideration become the norm while tolerance, decency and respect are marginalised. What I've difficulty with is understanding whether nature or nurture are primarily responsible as unacceptable behaviours have to be observed and copied from somewhere. What should we expect if the next generation see their peers or "role-models" acting like c*nts and being lauded for it?

Too be fair so do I , people on the met with the old or pregnant are considerate in the main. The issue is most of the time the youngster sat down have not looked up for 20 mins as they are too busy staring at their screen !!

I get the Met. every day and it’s people of all ages on their phones, not that it’s a bad thing, just as people read newspapers in the past, in your day the news being the coronation of Queen Victoria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.