The Silent Enemy

I invited @Bigg Bigg Blue but he wouldn't come so some bloke in a string vest and 3 kangaroos tied up outside is picking up the tab.

I think he's called Bruce.
I am sat at home with my case packed still waiting for the taxi you said was coming to pick me up.

Yeah, I'm just glad I avoided that. Thank god there's a 10 hour drive between us.
Misty is that red tourist bus still going around Sydney ? its worth a ride on that if so, you might have to pay though.
Yep, despite the fact that me and Mrs Mist were the only tourists in Sydney they are still running.
I have to say that the one thing I hate about visits to brilliant cities is those damn buses.

Sid Vicious died 43 years ago today.
In 4 years time, Anarchy in the UK is 50 years old, yet for folk like me and @BlueMoonRisin’ it is still in our heads like it was last year....
Free trade hall? Bet you went to York away as well

It’s said that on your deathbed you only regret the things you didn’t do, not the things you did.

No, not the name of a John Le Carre novel (although it sounds like it).
Time is the silent enemy.

I read that from 1970 till now is the same as 1918 to 1970, that shocked me for a moment, hang on 1918 was the fucking dark ages surely, the end of WW1. But its true.

Time is marching on, did you know that Graham Nash (of The Hollies & Crosby Stills and Nash) is 80 !! John Lennon wouldve been 82 this year.
I keep hearing about people I know dying, as well as family members. Similar vintage to me (late 60s)

Enjoy your life, every second you have.
And start by not wasting time on forums.

Free trade hall? Bet you went to York away as well

It’s said that on your deathbed you only regret the things you didn’t do, not the things you did.
In my experience of dying relatives you’ll have no idea which is which. Things you did or things you didn’t do.

I have an app on my phone about the Thiepval Memorial, and an option is to click 'On This Day', and see which poor bugger copped it. Today's name was just 23, but born in 1893. When I was growing up there were dozens of folk who fought in WW1, now it's WW2 who are thin on the ground. When I was born the gap between me and the Battle of Waterloo was but a handful of years longer than the stretch from 1914 to today. It can send yer head swimming!

A post-card from the front-line....
The clocks slow down to snail's pace....
the calendar on the other hand, with apparent stealth, f'kin' flies....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.