The Silva miss...

Johnsonontheleft

...would not have made one iota of difference to the result today, and I wish people would stop going on about it. They would have still won 2-1 and we'd be moaning that we 'scored too early'.

We lack the winning mentality that they have, simple as that. We can play them off the park and they'll still beat us. Until we get some players who want to play for the badge and not their next pay packet. Players who are genuinely gutted when we lose. I haven't seen that since Bellamy left.

I hope Mancini can somehow instill this, otherwise we're always destined to be also-rans regardless of the money we spend.

Johnsonontheleft said:
...would not have made one iota of difference to the result today, and I wish people would stop going on about it. They would have still won 2-1 and we'd be moaning that we 'scored too early'.

We lack the winning mentality that they have, simple as that. We can play them off the park and they'll still beat us. Until we get some players who want to play for the badge and not their next pay packet. Players who are genuinely gutted when we lose. I haven't seen that since Bellamy left.

I hope Mancini can somehow instill this, otherwise we're always destined to be also-rans regardless of the money we spend.

Cant agree. The way city knocked the ball around a 1-0 lead early doors would have been tough to break down. Not gonna be able to bus people in on massive wages to what has been for many years an also-ran club and expect them to be bothered.

So do you think Kompany and Richards walked off today not having given their all, not genuinely gutted that we'd lost?

Johnsonontheleft said:

To be honest I think it would have been a totaly different result and type of game, he had a split second to decide what he was going to do and made a good effort of it I thought. I thought we give more then we received today and proved the gap as almost dissappeared. Not once did I feel uncomfortable today and in 38 years that only has every happened twice v Utd , the 5-1 and 4-0 in the LC of 76.

This is gold.
So an extra goal,when we were dictating play,would not have made a difference?

Maybe two players today lacked total commitment imo,who are you talking about?

Johnsonontheleft said:

You honestly believe that our players aren't upset about losing today?

" shakes head in disbelief "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.