The Silva miss...

On the contrary I really thought we wanted it today. Even after Shaggers goal I thought we could get back into it. We just didnt have the width to our play like they did and hence down the middle stuff doesnt work against an excellent defender like Vidic. We missed Bellers or AJ big time today.

Johnsonontheleft said:
...would not have made one iota of difference to the result today, and I wish people would stop going on about it. They would have still won 2-1 and we'd be moaning that we 'scored too early'.

We lack the winning mentality that they have, simple as that. We can play them off the park and they'll still beat us. Until we get some players who want to play for the badge and not their next pay packet. Players who are genuinely gutted when we lose. I haven't seen that since Bellamy left.

I hope Mancini can somehow instill this, otherwise we're always destined to be also-rans regardless of the money we spend.
With foresight like that i bet you win the lottery every week.

Clubber said:
Biggest load of bollocks this thread, I have seen in a long time.
Hilarious isn't it? The kneejerk factor on bluemoon is beyond comprehension tonight. Yes, we lost the derby. We didn't deserve to.

No one cannot deny the fact that our players are paid waaay over the odds of what they are.
Now if they was all on 5k a week, i could guarantee you they would of played better then what they did.
There future is secure, to say the least.
There mostly foregne people from other country's.
I bet most of them do not give two fucks about results.
Maybe the première league should introduce a structure where if you loose, you fdo not get paid.?
One way to sort the fucking pre madonnas from the men out.
And by the looks of it, we have our fair few.
Yaya, kolorov spring to mind.

Made the wrong decision in toe-poking it, should have just cooly slotted it in. Would we have won the game? Maybe. An early goal would have boosted our players and given us something to hold on to, and would get the crowd on United's backs. On the other hand, it could have led to us just constantly inviting United onto us for the rest of the game, and, they end up winning/drawing anyway, because we've seen how great they are at home.

Silva was our second best player today though, behind Kompany.

ginge51 said:
No one cannot deny the fact that our players are paid waaay over the odds of what they are.
Now if they was all on 5k a week, i could guarantee you they would of played better then what they did.
There future is secure, to say the least.
There mostly foregne people from other country's.
I bet most of them do not give two fucks about results.
Maybe the première league should introduce a structure where if you loose, you fdo not get paid.?
One way to sort the fucking pre madonnas from the men out.
And by the looks of it, we have our fair few.
Yaya, kolorov spring to mind.
Just wondering how you would ''guarantee'' (your word) a better performance from the players today by capping their wages. Seriously. I'm interested. Remember, you said ''guarantee''.

The original poster has a point about players not caring enough. I've just read Joe Hart's comments about Rooney this, Rooney that, something about Rooney not having enough love and being a class player. I appreciate Joe might not be a city fan by birth but after a derby defeat it's not what city fans want to here.

Silva's miss was bloody good keeping by the Old Dutchman, when you see a reply have a look at how little goal Silva had to aim at.
I saw enough commitment there to tell me that the players want to play and succeed at City, remember we outplayed 1 of Europes top teams today on their turf, not an easy job to do.

If anything, my personal view is we lack pace going forward, for starters we are too slow bringing the ball up, prefering to stroke the ball around the back and mids and let the opponent settle defensivly and times we look scared of being creative,
secondly the pace thing, on the break we dont have the pace we had, I am not gonna say bring back Bellars because he is not the answer or the future, but we were more of a threat IMO when he wore our blue.

which players are you questioning in terms of commitment?

I don't see a single obvious example. Ade has been fucked off remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.