The Smiths & Morrissey thread

My sister in law is of to see him soon. I've suggested she goes dressed as a hot dog. She's considering it.

On the subject of his sexuality. He may be what the youth of today call A sexual - google it. And in my time that would just have been a 'wanger'. That's the impression you get in his auto biography, which I've read eventhough hes not my cup of tea. However. It's not a big driver of why people dislike him, that's all to do with his politics which are very right wing.

Why have people tried cancelling him? Is it just because he’s said some things about the chinese On their eating of animals and halal meat?
He has openly supported a far right party and promoted at least one neo Nazi YouTuber.
He is now doing a song that appears to accuse Muslims of being behind the Notre Dame fire.

Unfortunately, I'm washing my hair that night. Strand by strand. Pity, but hey ho.
”I’d like a haircut please.”
“Which one?”

My sister in law is of to see him soon. I've suggested she goes dressed as a hot dog. She's considering it.

On the subject of his sexuality. He may be what the youth of today call A sexual - google it. And in my time that would just have been a 'wanger'. That's the impression you get in his auto biography, which I've read eventhough hes not my cup of tea. However. It's not a big driver of why people dislike him, that's all to do with his politics which are very right wing.

He was introduced on Bo'selecta's gay themed Blankety Blank as "Asexual Morrissey" about 20 years ago, when the other characters were all gay (George Michael, Elton John, Boy George, Will Young etc). The show was taking the piss out of his comments, it is nothing new.

Fuck all to do with anyone what his or anyone else’s sexuality is / was / will be.
Of course. Which is is why he was entirely at liberty to stay in the closet like he did. But in my opinion he could have gone public and done a lot of good for a lot of young people and he chose not to.

I keep repeating myself here but it really is a simple point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.