The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Last night row N orchestra in the middle.
Tonight front row upstairs to the right. Tickets were for Row J but no one was sat in the front row so helped ourselves.....
I was surprised they didn't sell out. I was sat in row JJ. Mind you i would have gotten cheaper seats had my wife and daughter showed any interest. As I was going stag I decided to splurge.
How was Amity hall. Never been meself.
That theatre was one of the wonder theaters built in 1930.

M
So on the long sad drive home from the game tonight, it was The Smiths and Morrissey all the way home (after dropping PB off, he does not appreciate decent music)

It got me thinking what makes it all so timeless and popular, I am told that The Smiths even have a cult following in Latino communities in the US and there are many kids into The Smiths who were not even born when they split up

Could it be the magical rhythms of Johnny Marr, or the witty melancholic and sometimes ludicrous lyrics of the man himself ?

Whilst many groups and singers shoot to fame and fade away, for some reason they seem as popular as ever

I would be interested in your take on this
My grandma always said there's nowt as strange as folk.

So.......
I had a $500 voucher with Spirit Airlines after giving up my seat on a flight earlier in the year.....
My friend in New York messaged me yesterday to say she had won tickets to see Morrissey in New York tomorrow and Wednesday via a local NY radio station........

Gigs number 62 & 63 coming up, plus City v Young Boys with the NY Blues at Amity Hall Wednesday afternoon.
I'm afraid to turn the page and find out - did Morrissey turn up to this one............? :-)

I was surprised they didn't sell out. I was sat in row JJ. Mind you i would have gotten cheaper seats had my wife and daughter showed any interest. As I was going stag I decided to splurge.
How was Amity hall. Never been meself.
That theatre was one of the wonder theaters built in 1930.
Amity Hall was alright. Couple of mins walk from Washington Sq / 4th St station.
We were upstairs, spacious and lots of TV's. Around 20 there and always good to hear a Manc accent being spoken.
My IPA's were $6 which was great as I was paying $10 everywhere else (and refused to pay $14 at the gigs).
When the game wasn't on (pre game, half time and the end) they played Manchester music.
I suspect the weekend games are more full and the trophies are due to turn up there 1st week in December.
They had a flag outside the building too, which is permanent I was told.
FB_IMG_1698321177869.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.