The Smiths & Morrissey thread

When UKIP are denouncing your favourite politician as being too right wing, you know you’ve fucked up somewhere.

Sad that someone who I idolised as a kid, and whose music I still love (well, The Smiths and his earlier solo stuff at least) has become such an odious prick.

I was talking about this with my wife recently. I was a massive Smiths fan and saw them live. We still put them on late at night sometimes.

Morrissey is not only a racist, he's a coward. He's gay, of course, which is now an open secret. In reality it was obvious back in the Smiths heyday that he was. At the time when the Smiths broke, and in lots of ways created and defined the "indie" scene, pretty much the only "out" musicans were the flamboyant, camp pop artists like Boy George, Jimmy Somerville, Mark Almond and Holly Johnson. Rock musicians stayed in the closet. He became a figurehead for disaffected, sensitive youth and I bet absolutely legions of Smiths fans were gay. He could have come out back then and made the lives of a lot of young people a bit easier. But he didn't. He was scared and that's why he'll always be a coward to me.

For 35 years he has been the main man..... He shoukd have been a music icon for decades to come....but sadly his musical legacy will be tarnished....

35 years is a bit of a stretch, he has spemt the last 15 talking shite, making wank LPs and cancelling many gigs.

Became a shadow of his former self once the millenium kicked in.

For 35 years he has been the main man..... He shoukd have been a music icon for decades to come....but sadly his musical legacy will be tarnished....

It won’t, certainly it shouldn’t.

He wasn’t so odious back then when he made it and despite obviously being a nonce, wacko’s music is still popular.

It won’t, certainly it shouldn’t.

He wasn’t so odious back then when he made it and despite obviously being a nonce, wacko’s music is still popular.
The thing is in The Smiths it was all very left wing so the music media lapped it up..... Now he is leaning to the right, all of a sudden he is being told to shut up.
Farage gets put on question time again and again yet Morrissey is told to be quiet.

The thing is in The Smiths it was all very left wing so the music media lapped it up..... Now he is leaning to the right, all of a sudden he is being told to shut up.
Farage gets put on question time again and again yet Morrissey is told to be quiet.

Morrissey is supporting For Britain, who UKIP say are too right wing and basically Nazis, UKIP who Farage says are too right wing now.

He’s completely lost the plot.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.