The Smiths & Morrissey thread

So on the long sad drive home from the game tonight, it was The Smiths and Morrissey all the way home (after dropping PB off, he does not appreciate decent music)

It got me thinking what makes it all so timeless and popular, I am told that The Smiths even have a cult following in Latino communities in the US and there are many kids into The Smiths who were not even born when they split up

Could it be the magical rhythms of Johnny Marr, or the witty melancholic and sometimes ludicrous lyrics of the man himself ?

Whilst many groups and singers shoot to fame and fade away, for some reason they seem as popular as ever

I would be interested in your take on this

Ducado said:
So on the long sad drive home from the game tonight, it was The Smiths and Morrissey all the way home (after dropping PB off, he does not appreciate decent music)

It got me thinking what makes it all so timeless and popular, I am told that The Smiths even have a cult following in Latino communities in the US and there are many kids into The Smiths who were not even born when they split up

Could it be the magical rhythms of Johnny Marr, or the witty melancholic and sometimes ludicrous lyrics of the man himself ?

Whilst many groups and singers shoot to fame and fade away, for some reason they seem as popular as ever

Think I will let MES answer that for you :)

Love the Smiths, mainly due to the cracking bassline and the wonderful and timeless riffs of Johnny Marr.

Never liked that front bloke though. Seemed like a bit of a whinging **** to me.

Ducado said:

large.gif

They were just fucking top. Moz was a freak and Marr was cool as fuck.

And as for the rhythm section, best in the fucking business. Meeting Andy Rourke and saying thanks for Barbarism Begins at Home is still one of the highlights of my life.

Ducado said:

My take on this is that you are tired of life.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
Damocles said:
Love the Smiths, mainly due to the cracking bassline and the wonderful and timeless riffs of Johnny Marr.

Never liked that front bloke though. Seemed like a bit of a whinging c**t to me.

Now I know how to become a MOD just like the smith's :)

Suspiciously, pretty much all of the mods enjoy the Smiths. I'm sure there's something in that.

johnny on the spot said:
They were just fucking top. Moz was a freak and Marr was cool as fuck.

And as for the rhythm section, best in the fucking business. Meeting Andy Rourke and saying thanks for Barbarism Begins at Home is still one of the highlights of my life.

I think you have mistaken The Smiths for The Stone Roses there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.