The Social Dilemma - Netflix

Personally I think Netflix offer a great service for $10 a month.
Add free is an important factor.

Wish they would equalise content worldwide though.

Netflix is ace...we watch it more than "normal" TV in our house....i have the family bundle, so my daughter (who lives away) can use it....and my mum :-)

What is really interesting is that we each have our own profiles...and the variety, when you look at someone elses profile, is huge.....almost completely different services.

Coincidentally, i see you are in Aus....have just watched the entire series of Offspring :-)

Netflix is ace...we watch it more than "normal" TV in our house....i have the family bundle, so my daughter (who lives away) can use it....and my mum :-)

What is really interesting is that we each have our own profiles...and the variety, when you look at someone elses profile, is huge.....almost completely different services.

Coincidentally, i see you are in Aus....have just watched the entire series of Offspring :-)
Yeah we enjoyed Offspring :)
Neens is pretty funny..

I think humanity is basically fucked. Technology, our intelligence, our stupidity and our arrogance will conspire to do us. Lets hope, if it happens, it does so before we totally ruin the planet.

We are an aberration of evolution.

Pretty much every problem on the planet can be traced back to one source, over abundance of dippers err sorry humans.

I see people in the West going on demonstrations, rioting etcetera, trying to destabilize society to get their way.
Then I see a huge part of the world living in poverty, countries in Africa, Asia eccetera people having to walk 5 miles a day for clean water.
In the West we have everything, nice cars nice homes with big screen televisions, heating, beautiful furniture, a wardrobe full of lovely clothes, a kitchen stuffed with all the food we could ever want and yet dick heads have to go rioting, demonstrating, smashing things up, why aren't people thankful and why don't they count their blessings they don't live in a country like Ethiopia.

because their telly is only 55 inch and next door has a 65 inch

Watched it last night, quite a good doc though it could have done without the needless dramatization of the young lad, which I assume was done in order to reach kids on the same level.

Scary stuff overall, most of the techniques employed by Facebook et al. I was already aware of but I was surprised at just how many insiders they had willing to sit down and criticize the whole industry.

Watched this last night.

Most of it we thought we already knew and some of it was a real eye opener.

Agree completely with the sentiment that it is busy ruining our societies and that conflict is the end result if we don't put a stop to what these companies are doing.

I see people in the West going on demonstrations, rioting etcetera, trying to destabilize society to get their way.
Then I see a huge part of the world living in poverty, countries in Africa, Asia eccetera people having to walk 5 miles a day for clean water.
In the West we have everything, nice cars nice homes with big screen televisions, heating, beautiful furniture, a wardrobe full of lovely clothes, a kitchen stuffed with all the food we could ever want and yet dick heads have to go rioting, demonstrating, smashing things up, why aren't people thankful and why don't they count their blessings they don't live in a country like Ethiopia.
I don't think we are programmed / educated to be happy with our lot (I'm in no way excluding myself from that either)...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.