The sound of silence

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
Last night I made and ate some dinner then settled down for the Spurs game.
After twenty mins or so I just couldnt be arsed with hearing Tyldesley talk his usual OTT bullshit and even the crowd noise was bothering me. It had been a long knackering day and I just wanted....silence.

So I pressed mute and continued watching.

I've done this before but not for nearly the whole duration of a game.

And man it was good! Without any distractions at all I was able to completely immerse myself in the match - the ebb and flow and tactics - far better than usual.

If I'm at a game the people around me and the general atmosphere make it far better of course but you do tend to get 'caught up' in it all, thereby it becomes a distraction.

But on the telly I no longer want idiots dictating to me who is having a good game or whether it was a poor pass, or be swayed by the oooh and ahhs of the crowd.

Silence is the future for watching football at home from now onwards for me.

Anyone else do this?

Lucky Toma said:
After twenty mins or so I just couldnt be arsed with hearing Tyldesley talk his usual OTT bullshit and even the crowd noise was bothering me. It had been a long knackering day and I just wanted....silence.

And man it was good! Without any distractions at all I was able to completely immerse myself in the match - the ebb and flow and tactics - far better than usual.

If I'm at a game the people around me and the general atmosphere make it far better of course but you do tend to get 'caught up' in it all, thereby it becomes a distraction.

But on the telly I no longer want idiots dictating to me who is having a good game or whether it was a poor pass, or be swayed by the oooh and ahhs of the crowd.

Anyone else do this?

Yeah i know what you mean, you could do it with sky a few years ago, was it sky active? where you could watch the game anywhere in the ground or you could choose to have no commentry with just the crowd. That used to be brilliant.

You can still do that and just have the crowd noise. Trouble is, if watching in HD, as soon as you go 'interactive' it becomes SD again.

Did it every time we played pompy i hated that guy with the drum couldn't even go to the home games when we played them really got on my wick.

I did it just so I couldn't hear that stupid spuds song - "oh when the spurs..." sung REALLY slowly. How fookin annoying is that??

I'd love to punch Tyldesley's mute button, he was on prime form last night, at one point when Seedorf was having a word with the ref he came out with "Seedorf, clearly a qualified ref.." Any chance of him saying that when Rooney's gobbing off in the ref's face? Tosser!

Lucky Toma said:

Anyone else do this?

Did this in the Kyiv v City match before HT. Just pissed off with the commentator who nearly choked himself in celebrating the first Kyiv goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.