The Start Of Something Truly Special..On This Day in 2011:

I’d never heard of Sergio before we were linked with him, but having read what those, who did know him had to say, I was really excited to see him.

And I certainly wasn’t disappointed. What a debut! It was a brilliant introduction to English football and, as y said, the start of a wonderful career at Manchester City.

Thanks for the memories, Sergio.

I see Harry Kane equaled his number of Premier League goals today.

Considering Kane is almost unanimously thought of as one of the greatest Premier League strikers, it shows how prolific Agüero was that he played for years in Argentina and Spain and Kane still hasn’t overtaken him at nearly 30 having played his whole career in England.

I see Harry Kane equaled his number of Premier League goals today.

Considering Kane is almost unanimously thought of as one of the greatest Premier League strikers, it shows how prolific Agüero was that he played for years in Argentina and Spain and Kane still hasn’t overtaken him at nearly 30 having played his whole career in England.
Indeed, look at their career goals:

Kun: 426 (more than Shearer, Henry, Rush… and all other players who played most of their careers in English football apart from Greaves, Bloomer, and Dean)

Kane: 315

Kane could score 35 goals a season for the next three seasons and still be short of Kun’s career goals tally.

And Prem minutes per goal… Shearer 147 mins per goal, Kane 128 mins per goal, Kun 108 mins per goal (1st place by a mile)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sergio scored a PL goal every 108 mins - next best is Henry at 122 mins. In games terms Aguero matched TH PL total of 175 in 29 games less games. GOAT - Fact.

Sergio scored a PL goal every 108 mins - next best is Henry at 122 mins. In games terms Aguero matched TH PL total of 175 in 29 games less games. GOAT - Fact.
Henry scored 417 goals in his career for all clubs and country in 936 games.
Kun beat that by 9 goals and he only played 786 games in his career.

Kun is the greatest goalscorer who played most of their careers in England since Jimmy Greaves.

Rubbish. The scousers signing Charlie Adam was the signing of the season......(according to pundits).
And he didn't cost anything like £38m - something which TurdTyler managed to slip in as Kun was on the touchline. And I did notice a rather mediocre number of decibels when that thunderbastard went in!

Anyway, how come none of you bastards have discovered the Elixir of Life. Sergio joined us as a bit of a kid, and personally I would have loved him to have beaten Stanley Matthews age before retiring.

E177862F-DEEA-4936-A236-24F954A6465F.jpeg

Not value for money… for a £35m layout, he averaged out at £134k per goal!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.