The state of football financially

So despite FFP and huge revenues some of the top football teams are getting their players to take pay cuts due to Corona virus.

Either they are wrong to do so and do not actually need to or football finances are still a mess despite FFP and huge revenues.

They are presumably claiming lost revenue due to Corona virus but have they actually lost revenue ? I mean the season is still supposed to be played eventually. They will probably have lost potential merchandise sales and will eventually loose ticket money but could actually get more money for more televised behind closed doors games.

I understand that football not especially profitable relative to its revenue but i would not have thought that Barca would have get their players to take 70% pay cut and help pay lesser paid staff.

How much profit did clubs make last year ?

How much of this is a cashflow issue ?

Do clubs get a lot of money up front ? If so should they not be ok for a month or two ?

Can they not secure lending on broadcast deals like we have in the past ?

Is there an opportunity for us with less debt to get cash strapped clubs into the CFG or buy the best players assuming Champions League ban is sorted ?

Clubs are fukced. Some more than others. It will blow FFP out of the water as the only ones that will survive are the ones where owners will put cash in.

As austerity beckons post furlough I guess the fact that I don't miss prem football too much means no renewal / immediate saving unless my job is safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.