The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

There's no right or wrongs in music - its just what you do like or what you don't like......simple as that.

We went the Wednesday and the Friday (yeah the 142 still runs through the night to Didsbury!!) and if I'd have known the tickets were knocking about so cheap I'd have gone on the Saturday and Sunday too.......the buzz was great.

Loads of people slag off the X Factor, yet when Ian Brown cannot sing - and he cannot sing very well, lets face it - all of a sudden people turn into Simon Cowell.

The Roses have always been about the vibe and mystique......and they still carry that to this day.

On the both occasions we were there, as soon as the bassline started for Adored, it became spine tingling. All the way through to the end of Resurrection, everybody in the ground had an absolute ball.
As a previous poster suggested, the constant singing of the whole set seems to have become the norm - but that just adds to the atmosphere. It isn't only the communal singing of all the songs, it's the fact that all instrumental parts get sung too - yet nobody says the other three cannot play their instruments in the same way that they say Brown cannot sing!!

I don't like the fact they are rags (I hate that Shaun Ryder is a rag and Dermo from Northside too - utd should only be allowed Mick Hucknall...!!!)
I DID get annoyed when they dedicated This Is The One to Beckham.......but a couple of renditions of Posh Spice Is a Slapper by me and a few Blues around me, soon made me forget!!

Personally, I'll not go to another Roses gig as I want to go out on a "high" - so to see a band I love, in a place I truly love......it won't get any better for me and in my opinion, the gigs were fookin good!!
Spot on.

Absolutely amazing, really great atmosphere, though the lighting and setting was brill. Just awe struck stood in the middle looking around the ground. Only down side... I've never seen so much piss being launched in the air in my life, I can only imagine it was piss cos you wouldn't pay 5 quid for a pint then chuck it

Went on wednesday night, Ian Brown sounds like a pissed up karaoke singer, then right at the end said to all the crowd do me a favour, before you leave tonight take the stadium tour, it will only take you 2 minutes i promise, ugly smack head looking red t**t
They're only plastics anyway,fuck em. I couldn't see the Gallaghers playing the swamp .

Sat on a bus with some students wearing bucket hate singing Elephant Stone :-(

What amazing lyrics, holy shit!

Still, they make Oasis look reasonably talented.

Did you see Buzzcocks and The Coral?

The Coral were really, really good mate. I got in just as Buzzcocks were finishing up but they sounded good whilst stood in the queue for half an hour outside the ground waiting to be searched.

Public Enemy were surprisingly good aswell.

After Heaton Park I didnt really fancy it but went anyway and im glad I did Friday night was up there with the best gigs ive ever been to, the atmosphere was electric

“Made of Stone” was a single. The album was eponymously titled “The Stone Roses”.

Maybe thinking of Turns into Stone?

ROZORfih.jpg

K8zWkDvh.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.