The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

it was a Saturday. I borrowed the works Transit van on the pretence i was shifting a couch and had about 6 lads in the back on bongs.... I was probably one of the very few sober people in the place
Mike West (the man from delmote) hated him, he wrote a song about him “you won’t find me hanging around waiting for Ian Brown” I think, can’t find it on the interweb though.

lhmiG5u.jpg

30 years ago yesterday. Wow.
I remember watching them and my mum coming in the living room saying who are these scruffy bastards.
I went to Manchester after school and got the 12inch single from hmv on market street.
Can't believe it was 30 years ago.

This time 30 years ago I had long hair, wore 22 inch flares and a hooded carpet top.

Tonight I look back on my youth listening to the roses and listening to ripples celebrating ian brown, the rag that he is, and thinking fuck me 30 years since 89?

Blackburn away, oldham away, Watford away, bananas and I wanna be adored.

Oh to be 16 again.

Phil foden doing the bollocks for city, winning away and beer.
CTID89.

30 years ago yesterday. Wow.
I remember watching them and my mum coming in the living room saying who are these scruffy bastards.
I went to Manchester after school and got the 12inch single from hmv on market street.
Can't believe it was 30 years ago.

Remember this as the Madchester episode because the Mondays were also on.

This performance blew my head off.

The look, the moves , the arrogance of them.

And still, 30 years on, not a single record has come close to this.

Fools Gold is absolutely out of this world. What a tune.

@manimanc are you on the 30 year Spike Island gig next May?

Remember well seeng that top Ian Brown wore on top of the pops in Aspecto and trying it on but not getting it because it was red. Saw it a couple of days later and was gutted. Would probably still have it today .

Remember this as the Madchester episode because the Mondays were also on.

This performance blew my head off.

The look, the moves , the arrogance of them.

And still, 30 years on, not a single record has come close to this.

Fools Gold is absolutely out of this world. What a tune.

@manimanc are you on the 30 year Spike Island gig next May?
Still sounds amazing today, to come up with that back in 89 blew everybody away and to think it was only the B side to begin with, well it ended up being a double A Side with what the world is waiting for.

Somehow I think the youth of today wouldn't know what a double A Side is.

As for the 30th for spike island I'd love to go but can't see it happening mate, what about you?

Still sounds amazing today, to come up with that back in 89 blew everybody away and to think it was only the B side to begin with, well it ended up being a double A Side with what the world is waiting for.

Somehow I think the youth of today wouldn't know what a double A Side is.

As for the 30th for spike island I'd love to go but can't see it happening mate, what about you?

I'm there mate with a couple of pals including one off here.

You should dust your flares off and get involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.