The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

Fair play to Ian Brown though, to steal a living as a musician with absolute no vocal talent whatsoever, he's lucky studio's have the technology to make anyone sound good. The fact he can actually write good lyrics is also a saving factor.

He has been getting slated for his singing since he started his solo career, I am actually a big fan of him solo it's about more than just voice! It's personality, charisma and much more! not everyone likes clean cut singing voices some of the best artists ever couldn't sing for a toffee! Bob Dylan, Tom waits and many more!

Did bar work at their Heaton Park gig Ians voice was shit then dunno what it's like now. Makes me laugh all reds on FB & Twitter coming out with original disses "1st time Etihad has been full...!!!" etc etc.

Fucking chumps City must be absolutely raking it in haha

Went on Friday and wasn't really looking forward to it for some reason, even considered selling my ticket. But fuck me am I glad I didn't, seriously up there with the best gig I've EVER been to. The band sounded so tight musically and Browns vocals sounded great. If anyone's thinking of going but doesn't have a ticket if just go tonight, touts had loads, seating going for a tenner! Still buzzing 2 days later.

I went last night great gig the sound was bang on , took a city flag some rag **** threw a pint at me (£5.00 ) but missed ! Loads of blues and tons of jocks .

Glad they are getting great reviews from the concerts now. Best gig I've been it was certainly something special. The whole day was a buzz. We arrived early Friday afternoon in the Northern Quarter and all the boozers were blaring out the Roses and other indie tunes , everyone dancing in the tables etc... without a hint of trouble. They were all on top form musically and even Ian Browns vocals were OK. Gutted it's over.

They were class last night even Brown sounded fine.

Didn't play as long as at Heaton Park though where it seemed like they played every song they've ever released.

I think they played better last night and the sound was certainly better but they're not a stadium band for me. Would love to see them in a small dark venue.

I went last night, loved it, had a great time, the atmosphere was brilliant and not many could hear Brown around us as we were all in full on karaoke mode singing along. Relived my youth in more ways than one, got to say at the time I was questioning why I ever stopped but today I am firmly reminded why!!!!

Much better than Heaton Park, better sound, not as moody.

If you want stunning vocals and perfect pitch/band i suggest you go to the fucking opera.

Went on wednesday night, Ian Brown sounds like a pissed up karaoke singer, then right at the end said to all the crowd do me a favour, before you leave tonight take the stadium tour, it will only take you 2 minutes i promise, ugly smack head looking red t**t

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.