The striker situation

Re: Navas for striker

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The best option at the moment is Pozo as striker if the usual aren't available. No point in attempting to rebalance, or unbalance, the side by moving players into unfamiliar positions. One goal from Pozo and the lad will be firing! Also, give him some fuckin' service!

I disagree - it's pretty obvious the rest of the team don't have much confidence in him otherwise he would get the service! He may well go on to great things but he isn't yet ready for the first team.

I'd rather we played without a striker and give license to roam to the likes of Silva, Yaya and Nasri - would confuse the hell out of centre halves not knowing who to pick up and mark

Wow....surely a gag..less of a gag would be MDM who is taller and a lot more composed on the ball and can pass to a fellow Blue too.

The alternatives are entrusting a kid not yet good enough for this level (and playing in an unfamiliar role of lone striker), dispensing with a striker and going 4-6-0 (risky in the extreme to wholsesale change our system mid-season even if only for a few weeks), or playing Nasri, Milner, or Silva up front.

With those options in mind I really don't think it's far-fatched to at least consider employing Navas in the role.

There are plenty of exmaples of pacy widemen being moved inside to good effect - in fact the best example of them all retired only this week - and those being disparaging about Navas' finishing are wide of the mark.

Ask yourself this.....who would Dann and Hangeland rather be loitering on their shoulder this Sat with space behind them and Silva on the ball? Nasri or Navas?

Nasri is a far better option. He can hold the ball very well, can dribble and score. Silva can play behind him with Milner and Navas on each side. That's if pozo doesn't start :/

Lucky Toma said:
Stephenhakin said:
Wow....surely a gag..less of a gag would be MDM who is taller and a lot more composed on the ball and can pass to a fellow Blue too.

Yup ridiculous to suggest a lightning quick winger over a centre-back we desperately need to play centre-back due to Vinnie's absence.

Yes but Navas is no ordinary winger. He's a shocking finisher and struggles with intricate passing. Wasnt mocking just not for me. With more thought my suggestion was actually more stupid.

Lucky Toma said:
The alternatives are entrusting a kid not yet good enough for this level (and playing in an unfamiliar role of lone striker), dispensing with a striker and going 4-6-0 (risky in the extreme to wholsesale change our system mid-season even if only for a few weeks), or playing Nasri, Milner, or Silva up front.

With those options in mind I really don't think it's far-fatched to at least consider employing Navas in the role.

There are plenty of exmaples of pacy widemen being moved inside to good effect - in fact the best example of them all retired only this week - and those being disparaging about Navas' finishing are wide of the mark.

Ask yourself this.....who would Dann and Hangeland rather be loitering on their shoulder this Sat with space behind them and Silva on the ball? Nasri or Navas?

Comparing Navas to Henry... Interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.