The striker situation

Re: Navas for striker

MangoBowen01 said:
Lucky Toma said:
The alternatives are entrusting a kid not yet good enough for this level (and playing in an unfamiliar role of lone striker), dispensing with a striker and going 4-6-0 (risky in the extreme to wholsesale change our system mid-season even if only for a few weeks), or playing Nasri, Milner, or Silva up front.

With those options in mind I really don't think it's far-fatched to at least consider employing Navas in the role.

There are plenty of exmaples of pacy widemen being moved inside to good effect - in fact the best example of them all retired only this week - and those being disparaging about Navas' finishing are wide of the mark.

Ask yourself this.....who would Dann and Hangeland rather be loitering on their shoulder this Sat with space behind them and Silva on the ball? Nasri or Navas?

Comparing Navas to Henry... Interesting

It is a valid comparison in that Henry was a quick winger who changed his game to play up top. Arse would play to Henry’s style by breaking quickly with some great attacking midfilders playing very direct. We tend to be a slower build up team so ? re how effective Navas could be if we are camped out on the opposition box – he wouldn’t have much space to run into.

Worth a punt late on in games I reckon but hopefully we would be at least 2 goals up by then and could play a bit more expansively?

I’d play Nasri leading the line, Yaya pushed forward to give some bite and Silva floating around. F’do + F’dinho + Milner to apply the graft.

billymumphrey said:
de niro said:
billymumphrey said:
Or it wont.

it has already. the beast should have been replaced before we agreed to let him go. now this.

And how would we have done that?

Accounts reveal our net transfer spend left us with approx 10m as Mangala was actually much more then what was published we paid for him.

You tell me who we could have got for 10m?

FFS - Shane Long went for 12m this past window.

We either tried to get a young english talent (Berahino or Jay Rodriguez) although I doubt we would have been able to due to the English premium.

Or we try and attract someone foreign at about the same level as Negredo, but with the added complication of the fact that they wouldn't be able to make our CL squad as we don't have the room. Not much of an incentive to join.

Who would we be able to get, with limited funds, limited CL experience to give them who would be a requisite standard and who would be happy being 4th choice would we have realistically been able to get?

The facts are we cannot sign anyone until January (unless Ihenacho gets a WP granted - not holding my breath on that one) so regardless we have to get through these next few weeks. with what we've got. By the time January comes around then mostly likely two of Jovetic, Dzeko and Aguero should be back fit.

I'd just play some of the youngsters like Ambrose. If we can't take a fair few points with the squad that we have and the fixture list that are in front of us until January then we don't deserve to be Champions.

then we keep negrado. I would have taken defoe all day long.

didn't Negredo go back to Spain because he was home sick ? a big miss for me .
He probably was on course for the most premier league goals in a season for us till his injury at West Ham .

moon said:
didn't Negredo go back to Spain because he was home sick ? a big miss for me .
He probably was on course for the most premier league goals in a season for us till his injury at West Ham .

he did but whilst sympathetic I would have said if we can sign a replacement you can go, if not you have to stick around until we do.

Seen it mentioned on Twitter that Thierry Ambrose was involved in first team training today.

I wholeheartedly agree with de niro I have always rated JD very highly and I'd have loved Jermaine to join us he,s an absolute quality finisher who despite having a few more years in his legs still has the ability and strikers instinct to do a job at the highest level short term.

birchwoodgingerste said:
would love nagredo back but you would have to ask would his his heart be in it so on the count id look elswhere.
Fucking hell, we've had a;
Negredo
Negrado
and a Nagredo on our books.

What are the chances!?

Let's be honest here, we all don't have a clue what is the best option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.