The striker situation

should be looking to sign someone like behrahino, Rodriguez etc. As they are young and English and class as homegrown, mind you...you can guarantee that if just one PL Club approaches them, they'll want like 25 Mil. for now we play Lampard or Yaya as a makeshift striker imho

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
I'd like to think that we have some options lined up for the Jan window by now.

All 3 strikers are scheduled to be back in January and we're still working under sanctions so I'd be surprised if we did sign anyone up front.

I look at it this way.
We have conceded 2 goals in 6 games against better teams (Swansea, Soton, Sunderland, Everton, Roma and Leicester) than those we face in the next few weeks so we are unlikely to need to score too many to take most/all points on offer.
We should use the extra place available to further solidify defence/midfield and back our AM's CM's and widemen to do the business in the opponents box.
Such as Silva, Nasri, Lampard, Yaya and Milner should have 1-2 goals per game in them especially as they won't be battling those pesky strikers for plum chances in front of goal.

aguero93:20 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

All 3 strikers are scheduled to be back in January and we're still working under sanctions so I'd be surprised if we did sign anyone up front.
we've got a spare non home-grown spot for the PL and if eligible could make room in the CL squad if we swap him with Sagna or MDM

George Hannah said:
aguero93:20 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

we've got a spare non home-grown spot for the PL and if eligible could make room in the CL squad if we swap him with Sagna or MDM

I was speaking more in terms of funds, unless we can ship out Nasty, Sinclair and Guidetti right at the start of the window we're probably not going to be able to sign a striker of a good enough calibre to make our bench in a fully fit squad in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.