The striker situation

mashiur09 said:
aguero93:20 said:
mashiur09 said:
Can we just sign one of Jo/Santa Cruz/Samaras.....? Haven't seen them for a while.......;)

Fuck that let's bring back Vassell.

Not a bad shout......;)

No, just a bad shot :). I wouldn't play him, just let Fernando and Mangala use him to get the kung fu out of their systems before we play >:)

Re: Navas for striker

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The best option at the moment is Pozo as striker if the usual aren't available. No point in attempting to rebalance, or unbalance, the side by moving players into unfamiliar positions. One goal from Pozo and the lad will be firing! Also, give him some fuckin' service!
This is so not an option,the lad is nowhere near ready and it's like playing without a forward !

City are apparently in the process of applyin for a work permit for our young Nigerian striker Kelechi Iheanacho who was very impressive pre-season in America. He'd have to pass under the 'special talent' rule for him to be allowed play for us though...

Thenumber1blue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The best option at the moment is Pozo as striker if the usual aren't available. No point in attempting to rebalance, or unbalance, the side by moving players into unfamiliar positions. One goal from Pozo and the lad will be firing! Also, give him some fuckin' service!
This is so not an option,the lad is nowhere near ready and it's like playing without a forward !

pep-guardiola.jpg

DavidT95 said:
City are apparently in the process of applyin for a work permit for our young Nigerian striker Kelechi Iheanacho who was very impressive pre-season in America. He'd have to pass under the 'special talent' rule for him to be allowed play for us though...

Old news. Say something new please....:)

Deepest Blue said:
I look at it this way.
We have conceded 2 goals in 6 games against better teams (Swansea, Soton, Sunderland, Everton, Roma and Leicester) than those we face in the next few weeks so we are unlikely to need to score too many to take most/all points on offer.
We should use the extra place available to further solidify defence/midfield and back our AM's CM's and widemen to do the business in the opponents box.
Such as Silva, Nasri, Lampard, Yaya and Milner should have 1-2 goals per game in them especially as they won't be battling those pesky strikers for plum chances in front of goal.
Agreed.

Gaudion M said:
MangoBowen01 said:
Lucky Toma said:
The alternatives are entrusting a kid not yet good enough for this level (and playing in an unfamiliar role of lone striker), dispensing with a striker and going 4-6-0 (risky in the extreme to wholsesale change our system mid-season even if only for a few weeks), or playing Nasri, Milner, or Silva up front.

With those options in mind I really don't think it's far-fatched to at least consider employing Navas in the role.

There are plenty of exmaples of pacy widemen being moved inside to good effect - in fact the best example of them all retired only this week - and those being disparaging about Navas' finishing are wide of the mark.

Ask yourself this.....who would Dann and Hangeland rather be loitering on their shoulder this Sat with space behind them and Silva on the ball? Nasri or Navas?

Comparing Navas to Henry... Interesting

It is a valid comparison in that Henry was a quick winger who changed his game to play up top. Arse would play to Henry’s style by breaking quickly with some great attacking midfilders playing very direct. We tend to be a slower build up team so ? re how effective Navas could be if we are camped out on the opposition box – he wouldn’t have much space to run into.

Worth a punt late on in games I reckon but hopefully we would be at least 2 goals up by then and could play a bit more expansively?

I’d play Nasri leading the line, Yaya pushed forward to give some bite and Silva floating around. F’do + F’dinho + Milner to apply the graft.

Henry was a pacey winger who had the touch, vision and technical ability of a trequartista!

I agree on playing Nasri up front though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.