The striker situation

what's stopping us from recalling Negredo from Valencia? Technically he's on loan, so cant we just recall him back?

Pellers has been quoted if I'm not mistaken as saying
part of the reason negredo was allowed to leave was
because the club had options in the January transfer
window.

Ric said:
Seen it mentioned on Twitter that Thierry Ambrose was involved in first team training today.
It makes sense, I'd give the lad a go, its obviously a big step, but better than the Milner idea imho, at least he plays in that position, and who knows it could be the making of him, plus its more encouragement for the EDS.

Brandon Barker also trained with the first team according to a few on Twitter.

I reckon if true, Pellegrini is trying a few out and will decide on the best option.

edit:

Ambrose retweeted this:

THIERRY ambrose retweeted
MCFCfollowers @MCFCfollowers · 5h 5 hours ago
LATEST: Brandon Barker and Thierry Ambrose trained with first team today.
One of them might be on bench on Saturday or maybe both.

Ray78 said:
Two excellent choices.

I agree.

I think Barker is a more natural wide man but for a local Manchester lad to break through would be great for City.

I will be happy if either play against Crystal Palace.

With all three strikers out I can see at least two EDS players in the squad.

If Chelsea were relying on two untried youngsters we'd be well happy and expecting them to drop points. If ours do well that's great, but I can't help thinking we'd do better with Nasri, Silva and Yaya pushed up further without an out and out striker til we either sign a decent one or get one of our three first team strikers back.

Jack Wills said:
If Chelsea were relying on two untried youngsters we'd be well happy and expecting them to drop points. If ours do well that's great, but I can't help thinking we'd do better with Nasri, Silva and Yaya pushed up further without an out and out striker til we either sign a decent one or get one of our three first team strikers back.

If Jose had all of his strikers out he would be forced to play his kids.

We have some fantastic young players in our academy and if they cannot get into the team when all of our strikers are injured where is the hope for these young lads?

We are playing against teams in the next few weeks we should be beating even if we have all of our strikers out, we are at home for most of these games as well.

sam-caddick said:
Jack Wills said:

If Jose had all of his strikers out he would be forced to play his kids.

We have some fantastic young players in our academy and if they cannot get into the team when all of our strikers are injured where is the hope for these young lads?

We are playing against teams in the next few weeks we should be beating even if we have all of our strikers out, we are at home for most of these games as well.

Absolutely. It's a great opportunity to give a couple of youngsters a chance to play with the first team. We want to develop talent at the academy to grow into our future first team so let's use this chance to give them a vote of confidence.

The official @MCFC Twitter accounted tweeted this picture today (in relation to the open training session at the CFA):

B4-Z9bXCcAAjE9G.jpg

Jovetic looks like he's taken part in traning, so hopefully his injury isn't as serious as first feared. There's no guarantee the picture is from today, although the fact Dzeko and Kompany look like they're not involved suggests it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.