The striker situation

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Ray78 said:
Let's see who Pellegrini picks for the Sunderland game and if he can stay fit before we dump Jovetic to the dustbin.

Problem is he can't stay fit. We can't run with 3 strikers when he is one of them.

True but the situation cannot be fully resolved in January.

The baffling part of this is what made the club think it could get by without replacing Nagredo when you take into account jovetics injury record since he came to city. In any case his work rate is way below what is required from a front man in the premier league. Add in his infuriating flicks which usually end with him giving the ball away and an opposition counter and you get a fair idea why milner is chosen in front of him. Now james is an honest lad but a striker at this level he most certainly isn't. Would have loved to see Ambrose getting 20 mins in some of these games instead of the lottery winner.

B\connellblue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
B\connellblue said:
Need someone in on loan. Jovetic unreliable and way overrated. Personally I doubt he is injured as often as he claims to be either. His heads not right.
Silly comment.

It's only my opinion, I'm not claiming it to be fact. Just have that nagging doubt about him
Fair enough, but I find it hard to believe he puts on these injuries.

Just don't think he's good enough but unless he fears a good run of games we'll never know.

He won't get a good run of games because he's unproven and gets injured constantly.
Get rid in July for me.

We have five first team strikers currently on the books at City:

Negredo
Aguero
Jovetic
Guidetti
Dzeko

Now the decision to allow two of them to go on loan without a recall clause on the very last day of the summer transfer window might just prove to come back and haunt us big style!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
We have five first team strikers currently on the books at City:

Negredo
Aguero
Jovetic
Guidetti
Dzeko

Now the decision to allow two of them to go on loan without a recall clause on the very last day of the summer transfer window might just prove to come back and haunt us big style!!

Negredo wanted to go and was injured at the time of his loan move, there were a lack of real replacements on the last day of the transfer window and Guidetti wouldn't of been much use either.

MCFCHOWELL said:
B\connellblue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Silly comment.

It's only my opinion, I'm not claiming it to be fact. Just have that nagging doubt about him
Fair enough, but I find it hard to believe he puts on these injuries.
He does, he sits at home deliberately injuring himself so that he won't have to play.

bringing jovetic for milner was a massive mistake with hindsight , jovetic was nowhere near match fit , and made no impact in the 20 minutes he played , jimmy would have run himself into the ground , their defence were so comfortable for the last quarter of the game , nasri was also taking 2 or 4 players with him every time he got the balland should have stayed on the pitch. Bad day at the office for MP wrong team and wrong substitutions , we need to win the next nine games now/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.