The striker situation

Ray78 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Ray78 said:
Going off Negredo's second half of last season's form he would of useless especially with his mind being elsewhere. Guidetti is looking to kick start his career and wouldn't of been happy being 4th choice. That 4th spot should be for an up an coming EDS striker but yet none of them are quite ready to take up that slot.

But surely everyone knows he dislocated his shoulder at west ham in the cup, in a game we were already winning 6-0 on aggregate.

No wonder his performances dropped off it takes 6 months to get over an injury like he had.

It takes 12-16 weeks to heel. We had to rush him back with Aguero and Jovetic also being injured and Dzeko being our only fit striker.

Exactly.......so if he'd have stayed and over come the injury in the summer he may just have come into the side 3 weeks ago all guns blazing.......but it's all aunty's bollocks and uncles!

Transfer window opens in a matter of days we'll all wait with baited breath to see what happens.

when is Aguero back anyway? Remember reading that he may return for Everton away. Really need him and Kompany to come back and make up for the loss of Yaya for the Everton/Arsenal/Chelsea trio.

EalingBlue2 said:
Surely we knew he wanted to leave earlier in the Summer. I'm pissed off that we let him go on the last day, not the fact we let him go. I'll be amazed if we sign a striker in January as all the good ones are playing for their teams.

If we want a striker we will get one simple as.... Will be interesting to see if we do, all jan means is an extra 10% on the price but we will have more than covered that in 3 months wages and a couple of mill loan fee for negredo.

We knew he wanted out earlier but no one had offered good money for him and had it not been for a big Valencia bid (they weren't in a position to make the offer earlier) then he would've stayed. The late big bid for him and the loss of one slot in the UCL made it a no brainier to accept.

It hasn't cost is anything and if it does hurt us it will be because we decide not to sign anyone in jan not because we did so in August

You make a fair point and I can accept that.

But then as a club having then made the decision about Negredo why not just send Guidetti out on a three month loan deal somewhere (so he can be recalled)

Also we let Davente Cole leave on a loan as well. It just seems a bit baffling to me.

But if we do blag it through then fair do's to those that made the decision especially as we do have one hand tied behind our back with FFP.

Guidetti isn't on loan at a Premier League club, we can recall him any time we please.

I'd have guidetti back in jan and knock a million off the fee Celtic are paying for him. He's a striker that's scoring goals so confidence will be high

The Millie experiment has run its cause, we need a number 9 up there and I think guidetti would do a better job than jovetic based on playing style and what we need up there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.