The striker situation

grim up north said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Can someone explain WTF is a ' False 9' and if it is what I suspect (someone pretending to be a Centre Forward, whilst not actually being the Centre Forward) then how the hell does this assist us in covering for not having a Centre Forward.

I've only been watching football for 40 years so I'm a little confused by this modern FIFA 14 concepts!

Don Revie it's not new

Ah yes, the Review Plan. That stood the test of time didn't it!

So what we are saying with regards to Bayern playing 4-6-0, is we must hope the opposition are daft enough not to park the bus but rather come out and play with 2 up like we made the mistake of doing.

May I remind you all of Palace's visit last year and how they played Spironi and 10 defenders! If we attempt to score against a team doing that by playing nobody in a permanent Central Forward position then I fear Saturday could be a frustrating day.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Can someone explain WTF is a ' False 9' and if it is what I suspect (someone pretending to be a Centre Forward, whilst not actually being the Centre Forward) then how the hell does this assist us in covering for not having a Centre Forward.

I've only been watching football for 40 years so I'm a little confused by this modern FIFA 14 concepts!

Lmao

It's basically just a forward who comes deep for the ball and looks for the ball. He doesn't just stand up front waiting for it. Modern day examples include Leo Messi, Fabregas/Silva for Spain, totti at Roma and even shrek. It's like playing without a striker, but since the false 9 is still the further player forward he usually gets the most goals whilst also getting a load of assists.

callumcity said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Lmao

It's basically just a forward who comes deep for the ball and looks for the ball. He doesn't just stand up front waiting for it. Modern day examples include Leo Messi, Fabregas/Silva for Spain, totti at Roma and even shrek. It's like playing without a striker, but since the false 9 is still the further player forward he usually gets the most goals whilst also getting a load of assists.

Fabregas usually play that role for Spain but silva rarely does. He only had a couple of games for Spain in that role then went back to his usual position.

MaineRoadBlue said:
grim up north said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Don Revie it's not new

Ah yes, the Review Plan. That stood the test of time didn't it!

So what we are saying with regards to Bayern playing 4-6-0, is we must hope the opposition are daft enough not to park the bus but rather come out and play with 2 up like we made the mistake of doing.

May I remind you all of Palace's visit last year and how they played Spironi and 10 defenders! If we attempt to score against a team doing that by playing nobody in a permanent Central Forward position then I fear Saturday could be a frustrating day.

Well it worked back then

Was that the Palace that gave us a few problems on their last visits

I think this topic should be to do with how do we cope (we will cope) over the next few weeks without a striker, we have a transfer section of the forum to discuss players people would like us to sign

wattle said:
JAMES MILNER ALL DAY LONG FOR ME.
Perfect stop gap. Runs all day, intelligent, 2 footed, really good finisher, good in the air and team player. He'd make space for merlin, Nasri etc with his movement. Can't see went no one else has thought of it. Stop laughing and think about it!!!!

great player and great pro but thick as pig shit. his decsion making, vital up front, is terrible. makes up for it with sheer effort but not sharp enough for me.
i'd drag in david villa, if only to piss the media off.

If you're looking for a finisher who can score for fun, can be got for pennies or a short-term loan.
Miroslav Klose
klose-breaks-guinness-world-record-germany-v-brazil_tcm25-20397.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.