The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Given these clubs don't like us why would they all just jump ship because we did. Makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. The PL needs 15 votes to expel another club from the league.

That’s why they needed 6 English clubs in the SL to begin with, leaving only 14 PL clubs against it.

As soon as City quit the SL, it was inevitable the other 5 would follow soon after. They had no choice.

You have got to think, given how long they have been planning this, if we were indeed always needed in sone capacity to make it viable. And thus whether the effort into getting us out of the champions league and the cas fiasco was in any way an effort to force the club into no option left but to get fully behind this, perhaps even champion it.

Too far?

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks this was our plan all along should go re-read sorianos email.

For it to be true, he’d now need to be lying in his emails to supporters which surely puts it to bed.

They got swept up in it, made the wrong decision and righted it. Doesnt make them instigators but equally they fucked up and misjudged the eventual reaction
I'm inclined to agree. As much as I want it to be true, as things stand this looks like a staggeringly stupid mistake.

BUT.....imagine if it was City's plan to destroy some of these fuckers. There's not a cat in hell's chance that Soriano's e-mail would fess up to it, because it would leave the club wide open to legal action from all the clubs involved.

Well the good thing is the Yank owners are screwed now and will hopefully back off trying to bring a Yank culture to European footy.It was a massive mis-judgement for all clubs involved. Fan power won the day.I just wish to say that the proposed new rules for the CL are equally ridiculous. More games, means bigger squads, dilutes the meaning of the PL,FA Cup and Carabao Cup.Well, its all about money and the Europeans wanting a bigger piece of the pie. The world wants to watch the PL, because it is competitive, and great to watch. We had a top two, top four and now possibly a top eight.No league compares to the PL.
Social and cultural terrorism

You know, fuck this shit.

If so many in the media and other owners and fans have been spinning yarns of rancid bullshit about all the club has done in the past to ruin the game, and cheat, and basically be the Hannibal Lecter of the sport since the takeover, I say it doesn't really matter whether we were really in and committed to the Scuppered League or not.

Just tell everyone it was a grand plan to take down the ESL from the inside all along and amend the badge to include "Saviours of Football" in Latin.

That's OUR narrative, motherfuckers.

The club has given me some of the best (Denis Tueart's overhead goal and 2012) and some of the worst (a biblically wet day in Halifax in 1980) days in my life.
I like to think it still retains its dignity even in this age of uber money, deceit and arrogance.
The quotes from Senor Perez, a tortured man but not a man subjected to torture, are those of a bitter man seeing his vision dying (for the moment at least). He has no reason to laud us but to me his words provide me with further reason why I've lived through a lifetime of extreme emotions.
Some may say we shouldn't have become a participant but I prefer "to keep my friends close but my enemies even closer" as per Sun Tzu or Michael Corleone.
What may have happened if we had not attended? The Americans (as with all of their fellow billionaires apart from Bill Gates; Warren Buffett and the former Mrs Bezos who are keen on giving it away to good causes) would have ploughed on regardless. Money "Trumps" everything in their world. "Tradition, history, decency" are words in a dictionary. So is "money" but that means more.
Our owners may not be perfect but I do feel they have an understanding of tradition and fair play.
I've not been a season ticket holder since 1981/2 (£28 well spent) so I can't talk about ticket inflation. I will say that the "product" has improved since my day. Rivers don't flow down the stands with the same intensity anymore; the pitch is green and the trophy cabinet is larger. Away end tickets are rarer than they've ever been.
Referees are as amateur and as selective in their judgement as they've always been (Dear old Alf); but at least his generation's faults were more human rather than Machiavellian.
In conclusion, I am more a "happy clapper" than a conspiracy believer in this whole episode. Here's to the moles and hiss to the snakes.

Sid Lowe who is an Spansh based football journalist is reporting Real Madrid's owner's comments about the English club. That might start penetrating into the consciousness of a few people.

These are just interpretations. There wont be a smoking gun but there will be a strong impression from a lot of football observers that this was a settling of scores.

The whole greed v fan power discussion the media is pushing is not very convincing. Why would City exit a set-up where we are dominant to a set-up where we'd be mid-table and where we'd have refinanced all our rivals. It's illogical. We'd have to be really financially desperate to do that. We know that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool are devious, and they plotted behind the back of football but City imo used their desperation to deliver a punch below the belt. They had it coming.

Sid Lowe who is an Spansh based football journalist is reporting Real Madrid's owner's comments about the English club. That might start penetrating into the consciousness of a few people.

These are just interpretations. There wont be a smoking gun but there will be a strong impression from a lot of football observers that this was a settling of scores.

The whole greed v fan power discussion the media is pushing is not very convincing. Why would City exit a set-up where we are dominant to a set-up where we'd be mid-table and where we'd have refinanced all our rivals. It's illogical. We'd have to be really financially desperate to do that. We know that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool are devious, and they plotted behind the back of football but City imo used their desperation to deliver a punch below the belt. They had it coming.
Did the ESL need all 6 PL clubs to get it off the ground or could it have been created without us? If it couldn’t be formed without us then what you are saying makes sense. If it could, then we were probably frightened that the status quo with City the dominant force was no longer a possibility. Did they need all 6 for it to work or not? Is it because without all 6, the rest could have voted the others out of the PL?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.