The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
"Gary Lineker has told football fans he will not present any European Super League matches if the widely condemned breakaway competition goes ahead." that only leaves Garth Crooks left..........
That's because the likes of Amazon won't have him present their show. He's best to make that statement now because he knows he will never get invited for interview. Saves embarrassment later down the line. I'm not on social media but it would be interesting to see what the likes of Richards and co have said since.

I don't think Americans understand the cultural impact of football clubs in the UK.

Most of these clubs have been around for over a century and there are families who have been supporting and attending matches for generations. They're a part of local identity, whether or not they also happen to be multi million/ billion pound businesses.

US sports might have their exceptions but this is the standard of football in Britain. Sports franchises in American aren't even fixed to one geographical location. One day you're supporting the Seattle Supersonics, the next they've jumped 2000 miles down the road to Oklahoma.

I'm not even targeting American sports, I'm a big NBA fan, but I do think that there's a fundamental cultural aspect of football that the supporters across the pond don't understand because you simply can't until you've lived it.

Football isn't always fair. It's not been fair to us in the past and it's, quite frankly, not been fair on the teams at the bottom end of the table for decades. But a big part of it is about overcoming odds, falling and getting back up again. Promotion and relegation are ingrained in my brain as a Manchester City supporter.

In American supports, leagues/ conferences are often a closed loop where the lowest teams are rewarded for being shit in order to maintain the "parity" you talk about.

That's not the way it works, as far as I'm concerned. The pyramid is a far more engaging system, in no small part because of the brutality.
That’s a great post

For me the outrage of the ESL is that Spurs and Arsenal are in it. By what possible measure are they a top club?
Arsenal has global fanbase which is why they are in it.

Spurs though, no fucking idea. They havent got the fans nor the success.

I think we have to stop kidding ourselves now. MCFC might have been invited, and Man Utd, LFC, Real Madrid and Juventus might have devised this but we knew exactly what we were doing.

We're not changing our minds overnight unless something dramatic happens. I am certain that this will not happen because government will kill it but we now face a long draining period of uncertainty.

THose waiting for some about-turn statement are going to be disappointed.

I am pretty sure the enterprise will crash but lets face it we're heading that way with the CL as is anyway. And now we know that MCFC is just a blue version of Man Utd. I thought our owner and our board had some integrity. They don't.

We might as well give up on football. Gradually we are going to get more and more disillusioned with football so might as well consciously pack it in now.
One thing I'm wondering is how do our government "kill it" when it does not reside in this country? Can you kill something that does not have a HQ yet for example? Who owns it, where is the HQ, who will be held accountable?

Thought we'd of backed out by now if we was going to, the silence from the owners tells me we are ready to go along with this which obviously we are otherwise we wouldn't of signed up to it like reports say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.