The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Soriano needs to fuck off immediately we have backed this.

City need to be in bed with Paris and Bayern on this.

What kind of Super League it would be without Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munchen and Menchester City? Lets face it, there three are 3 important clubs.

Who will officiate the games?

What have FIFA said because a few months ago they seemed to be backing a similar breakaway competition aimed at killing the Super League.

That’s a really strong statement from UEFA.
I like the cards that FIFA and UEFA can hold over the players, basically saying if you play for one of these clubs you'll never play in a World Cup, Euro's or Copa America ever again, that should hold a lot of power over the players.

“We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this.”

Bayern and PSG have been smart. The preferential treatment they’ll get now will surpass anything we’ve seen so far.

Don’t forget Kerry Packer. The international cricket boards really did ban those players from international and home games. The ICC changed their ideas about one day cricket but they stuck to their guns.

Different times though. Back then the game wasn't commercially focused at all, administrations didn't extract the full monetary value they could out of their product, and cricketers were generally paid a pittance.

What's the excuse now? How much fucking money do elite clubs and players want to have?

Sounds like this will be dead. Good.

Its not sporting.

City would be in 5 competitions, I already think 4 is ridiculous (we don't need 2 local cups).
If it went ahead and teams were still allowed to play in their domestic leagues it would be the kiss of death for the FA and League cups.

That is very strong. Well for me, I think that either shuts it down now, or we’re in for a period of all our war between these 2 sides. Kerry Packer, the Darts, we ain’t seen nothing if this goes ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.